Renovating in Tuscany

I recently bought a house in Italy and will be going as soon as things calm down. It's in Tuscany between Arezzo and Florence.

Id love to connect to anyone else who is looking to renovate, is renovating or have renovated.

Would be lovely to share this journey with someone going through the same, especially during this weird time.

Ciao!

Hi there - I am in the throes of buying a property in Umbria that has views into Tuscany (Trasimeno del Lago) My realtor is obtaining quotes for the major works eg. roof and major construction, and I will be doing the rest - heading back to Italy on the first plane out of the UK!!!
Would love to share!
Linda

Oh that's excellent! I'm just finalizing my documents. But it's great as I have a Geometra and also my realtor knows a good builder so I have been given a quote but that's if I get someone to do all work and I am to do most of the interior on my own!

I am also planning to open up to travelers when it's ok to travel that can come help in exchange for room and board. I'd love to share this exciting journey with someone! I'm so excited but scared as not sure what it's like now with Covid 19!

But I am going to go in May.

I'd love to connect - sounds like we're in the same boat!!
With a bit of luck the major works will be completed by the time it's safe to travel again.
I will be driving to Umbria from the UK rather than fly -
Linda

Yes I will drive too! I aim to but a car when I get there. I have a dog so driving really is the only way. Hoping by May it's a better situation. Will you rent a car?

I'm going to drive my British car and maybe register it in Italy??? I've just learned that Umbria has gone into the red zone again today!!!
Dream on hold!!

hi

Good Evening

Yes we too bought a house on the border of Tuscany in Emilia Romagna, we managed to get there in  June for a week but had to cancel our flights for the July due to the current isolation restrictions.

We to just want to crack on with the renovations, an cannot wait for these restrictions to ease.

Look forward to hearing your journey.

Mike & Marilyn

We have had a house in Tuscany since March 2019. First viewing 30 December 2018 - 2nd viewing to confirm we wanted it on NYE 2018.
Have had many works done to date including complete rewiring . Lots of teething problems in the first 6 months but nothing we wouldn't experience in the UK

Hi Leo,
Are you in Italy now?
I'm heading to my house in Umbria in August. I'm very nervous about the travel as I'm driving and there's so much to have in place (paperwork, covid test etc) before setting off. I'm also counting on the house being liveable by the time I get there too - the renovations are meant to be complete by Aug 10th 🤞
Will you be permanently based in Tuscany?

Yes we are here in Tuscany now

Fantastic!
Wish me luck on my drive - take care!

@MyTuscany ciao xx Hi I'm new here and have just read your thread. I'm very keen to know how your building works went? Was your good builder as good as you were hoping? We have just moved in as well and are desperate to find someone to help us renovate. It's all a little daunting, especially since my Italian needs A LOT of practice :) if you have any advice or guidance regarding renovating in Tuscany I would be so appreciative of any help xThanx so much

Hi

we had no building work - as in moving or rebuilding walls etc. However, we have had the house rewired and plumbing work done . We had excellent workmen and no problems .

@finacustechnology

sorry visit where?

@Leo18 I'd suggest that anyone having electrical or plumbing work done to take tons of pictures of cable routes and pipe runs. It will help further down the line.

@John Dillon not sure why you have replied to me my Eli teal and plumbing work has been done by professionals. We also received /asked for plans from the previous owners , I mean who wouldn't ?