Need help with info on moving to Medellin

Hi everyone :)

I am planning a move to Medellin.  I am super excited as I know a lot of people from there and I already have a place to live.  My plan is to work remotely while I am there as well so that is covered too for now.

I am wondering if there is a resource or list available for all of the things that I need to do before I move there.  I know that I can just arrive and stay for 3 mos without a Visa - but I would like to stay at least 6 mos or maybe forever?  Not sure - I have never lived abroad before so sorry if this seems like a question that I should know the answer too - I have a passport of course but I want to make sure that I navigate everything properly - not sure how to know that I have everything covered.

Thank you in advance for your help.  See you in Medellin!

Mary Ann Sedor

Colombia allows visitors to stay for 6 months out of every calendar year (without a VISA that is longer than 3 months). Just get a 3 month extension on your original tourist entry stamp.
You can apply for an additional 3 months as an extention to your original 3 months tourist visa. For a 6 month stay in Colombia. If you time that in the latter part of a year you can again apply for a new years 3 month tourist visa and another 3 months extension for a stay of 1 year total in Colombia.

If you have questions..***

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange contact details via private messaging please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Check out the Medellin Guru web site. Also, Medellin Expats, Gringo Paisa, on FaceBook to name a few. Just search on Medellin on FB. Tons of resources for you.
Our blog site might be of interest to you as well.
Go to the community listing at the top of this page and scroll to blogs.

Good luck with your move!