New members of the Brazil forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Go to the website of the Brazilian consulate. There you will find a list of documents and fees that you will need to submit. as far as invitation letter if you show proof of ample finances, bank statement. also if you are staying in a hotel and have a copy of your reservation.
A letter of invitation (original or clear copy) written in Portuguese from the sponsor in Brazil is required. It should be addressed to the Brazilian Consulate General, typed on letterhead, signed, and should contain the following:

Relationship to the applicant and purpose of travel
Dates of travel and place of stay
Contact information in Brazil

I forgot to add you need to have many documents to get married and then apply for a CRNM. Many documents need to be translated and apostilled/legalized. You will need the Police Report and not more than 90 days old.
You need to get these before coming on a Tourism visa because it is difficult to obtain these documents while in Brasil.
Good luck

hello,
I am Karuna from Johannesburg,South Africa.  I am coming over to Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais to  work for a US company based in Brazil.
I am worried about the transition and settling in.
MY young adult child (23yrs) is planning to come with and start a business or look for opportunities.
We don't speak Portuguese as yet but we hope to soon.

I have heard it is beautiful, but am worried about the culture and transition.
Also the requirements.

Would love to hear your views on this.

Kind Regards

Karuna

08/07/21

Welcome, Karuna,

If an American employer in Belo Horizonte is in the process of obtaining a work visa, that's very good news for you.  Good luck.

Brazil will not admit adult children -- any child over 18 -- as residents unless they are disabled and 100% dependent on their legally resident parents.  Your child will need to find another basis for immigration if s/he hopes to come legally and find work.

Please start a thread with any additional questions, and we'll try to answer.

Thank you, much appreciated. Valuable information.
I will keep in touch here, as we move along the process of immigration.

Hi, I'm Sharfuddin, a professional Forex trader from Bangladesh. I love traveling and like to enjoy different culture, having fun while working remotely.
My desired wish to live an expat life in Brazil and hope you all who are expart in this regard or live there might help me.
Worm Regards.

sharfuddin41299 wrote:

Hi, I'm Sharfuddin, a professional Forex trader from Bangladesh. I love traveling and like to enjoy different culture, having fun while working remotely.
My desired wish to live an expat life in Brazil and hope you all who are expart in this regard or live there might help me.
Worm Regards.

Welcome, Sharfuddin,
Brazil's immigration is somewhat different, In order to live and work in Brasil you will need to become a permanent residence visa.
To obtain a permanent residence visa. you would need to have family living in Brazil, obtain an investment visa, or a retirement visa.
You can go to the Brasil Consulate/embassy website near you and see the requirements.

Thank you very much for your reply. It's really valuable to me. Then I'll try for Business either Retirement Visa.
Would you please help me in this regard.
Thanks.

sharfuddin41299 wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. It's really valuable to me. Then I'll try for Business either Retirement Visa.
Would you please help me in this regard.
Thanks.

You can go to the Brasil Consulate/embassy website near you and see the requirements. Here are the basics for both:
A retirement visa you need to prove you qualify, you need to be over 50 years old and you should have a monthly passive income of Brazilian Reais 6,000 (BRL6,000).
Some have to prove they are covered under private healthcare insurance.
A business visa requires you to invest at least $R 500.000,00 in an established business or a new business.

I just joined the forum,
I am a Brazilian Real Estate Broker helping foreigners to get the investor visa and buying real estate in Santa Catarina, Southern Brazil.
Contact me if you need my services.

Thani you Bracatinga Imoveis.
Please keep in touch.
My mail address
Best,
Julian

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details only through private messaging for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am Argentinian and American citizen.
I do not need a Visa in Brazil.
My question is how can I transfer money to buy an appartament
there.
Should I open a Bank account there, and use a wire transfer to
Bradesco Bank?
Or I can deposit a Cashiers Check in a Bradesco Bank there, when
I found the property that I like?

What I know is I need to get the CPF card, as a first instance.

Cpf card first yes. Can be done really easy online.
Then you choose how you prefer to transfer the money. But opening a bank account can take some time. You should consult a lawyer.

Hello, we're an American family looking to learn more about living in Brazil. We're wondering whether Brazil would be a good choice for our family.

Welcome, Hum@n,
Brazil is a good place to live.
Cons;
Learning Portuguese. Some cities have English-speaking living in the areas, but hard to find. Portuguese is totally different than US English.
Migration: There are only a few options in becoming a resident. 1) having family in Brasil and applying for CRNM (family reunion) visa. 2) Retirement visa bu showing proof of at least $R 6.000 a month in passive income. (Children over 25 would need to apply under 1) after you begin to live in Brazil. 3) Investment visa: Invest $R 5.000.000,00 in an established business or start a new business.
Roads: It is difficult to drive from city to city unless going from a large city like Sao Paulo to Rio where there are freeways.
PRO: Brazil is more "laid back" than the other countries (USA) and friendly. NE Brazil is tropical with great beaches, but the farther inward is smaller towns with fewer things to do.
It all depends on what you are looking for. I would come and Visit places you researched or ask here about places.

yes, precisely.  Approach slowly, in small steps.  Visit.  Tour.   Avoid the high tourist spots, instead make friends with locals and test out the life, the shops, food, day to day activities.....dont make any big commitments until you are more confident that you like it here.....

Hello everyone. My name is Guy, I've here in Salvador for the last 6 years.

So if someone is interested in exchanging thoughts sobre a nossa nova Terra de adoção, sintam-se à vontade.

Abraços

Hello- I've been living in the northern part of the USA my whole life, but have found love and thinking about retiring in beautiful Jampa City with her. I am new to this site and just looking for information and connecting with some people who already live in Brazil and know lots of things about the culture, people and ways to do things and must know things about moving to Brazil.  Nice to be on here.  Muito obrigado!

08/29/21

Welcome, MA22!

Most of our João Pessoa threads appear to have been dormant for quite a while, but we do have current members in Paraíba, so go ahead and start a new thread with any questions you have, and we'll try to come up with good answers.

Hi MA22,

I'm up the road in Campina. You'll get good advice in this forum but if you ever need to hear from another here in PB just shoot me a message.

MattB
PS - also retired from the colder parts and 12 years in Paraíba.

Welcome, MA22.
Do not know much about the city, but SIL loves and the beach.
As said we are here to help.

Hi everyone,
My name is Nathalie and I just moved to Brasília from the Netherlands. Are there more people in Brasília here?
Best,
Nathalie

Hi Newbe im Angela. Ive been living in Rio for 25 years with my 3 kids and Brazilian husband . He doesn't want to be with me anymore and tells me I have no financial Rights . Is this true ?

also we were married in the United States 24 years ago

Hi 🙋‍♀️ there, i'm Leo i'm 25 years old.
i'm from Haiti and located at Chapeco-SC
There 9months ago since i'm coming  here in Brazil:
i already have all my Documents.
I'm looking for a state which have more activities than Sc, although i'm a freelancer working on Software Development , i'm needed some extra work no matter the sector, because work is liberty. and also need to make some friends too, since life is nothing than (Eat, make friends, respect each other's, have something to survive and die).

Hi Leo, InfoTech is a valuable attribute. There are jobs throughout Brazil but I don't think one can point out any proper "Silicon Valleys" where jobs in that sector are most prominent EXCEPT (of course) in larger urban centers which have their own sets of problems. I guess being a "freelance" programmer has advantages in not requiring specific communities in which to live but getting decent freelance work does require Portuguese language skills, visibility (like LinkedIn), a proper CV and postings/searches on sites like Cathos. I'm guessing that you've already paid attention to those details. As for where to live in Brazil, the options are many.

I'm no longer in the loop regarding software development but these two places are well known for new/young/entrepreneurial types here in the Recife area:
http://www.softexrecife.org.br/https://www.portodigital.org/home

Best of luck to you. Brazil is huge and hopefully you'll find what you seek here.
mberigan

Good morning.  My name is Musa Momo Kamara.  I am a Liberian and currently living in Libeira.  My wife and I decided to come to Brazil to visit . But if all goes well I will remain there and start a new life in Brazil and decide actually what to do.
My wife is an American citizen.
That is why am asking for more details on happenings in Brazil before coming such as living condition,  apartments rental and job opportunities.
Thanks.

10/01/21

Welcome, Musa,

Brazil is not a good choice for what you have in mind.  It is extremely difficult to just come to Brazil and live:  unless a visitor has a family connection or an existing relationship with a Brazilian employer, obtaining legal permanent residence is almost impossible.  Renting a home or obtaining utilities are very difficult without legal residence, and working legally is out of the question.

Brazil was already in a recession when covid hit, and the job market is not good.  Brazilians are hired first, and foreign legal residents get whatever jobs are left.  People in Brazil illegally have to get by on informal jobs with long hours and low pay, if they can get any at all.

Brazil is entirely a Portuguese-speaking country.  You can't function successfully here without reasonable ability to communicate in that language; you certainly can't function in English.

If your wife is a US citizen, your best bet would certainly be to go there if at all possible.

Hey everyone glad to be apart of this very informative group. I plan to move to Brasil in December with my wife who is Brazilian . We presently live in Atlanta,Ga. USA. We are moving to the Porto Seguro area of Bahia. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Welcome, kmitch0077,
Did you marry in the US?
You will need a Family reunion visa. Check out the BR Consulate's site in Atlanta for documents required.
If you were married in the US, register the marriage with the BR Consulte also. It helps.
Get all the documents in order before you come making it faster for your CRMN. (Permanent Residence).
We are here to help, so ask anything.
Tex

Thanks TexanBrasil really appreciate the response. Yes we were married here in Atlanta 14 years ago. Will do that certification of marriage here before leaving. Thanks!!

kmitch,
It helps. Maybe send an email to Atlanta as to translation and apostille documents.
There are many companies which can help. (for a fee)
I used Apostille pros. They can handle all 50 states. There are others.
https://www.apostillepros.com/services/
They handled everything electronically and sent the documents overnight, once completed.

Thanks so much. I will check on that . Thanks for the links. Where in Brasil do you live ?

I live in Foz do Iguacu, PR. The #2 tourist destination in Brazil, sitting on the border of Argentina and Paraguay.
No beaches, just 273 waterfalls. (maybe less if we do not get rain   :o

Thanks so much for the advice I will see what to do.
Thanks again

Any Expat English speakers living in Porto Seguro, Bahia ,Brasil ?

Living in Arraial d'Ajuda for just over 1 year now.

ngoma20,
Are you able to write in English? This site is English only.

Ici vouz devez utiliser l'anglais, mais le site du consulat est Itamaraty à Libreville

Closed