New members of the Brazil forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Brazil forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Brazil if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Andreas B. here. I moved to Brazil from Norway in October 2006 and have absolutely fallen in love with this country. My dream was to open a business here and now I'm the proud owner of a very successful  B&B (Pousada) in a quiet surfing town called Paracuru in the state of Ceara.

I have had many ups and downs here in Brazil. There are many struggles and headaches when opening a business here, however I feel that the bigger the challenge the bigger the reward.

Unfortunately, after a 10 year relationship and a 7 year marriage with a brazilian girl, I am getting divorced. Also the reason for joining this forum as I do need some advice and have some questions about the process. Hopefully I can be of help to others here on the forum in the future.

Cheers,
Andreas B.

Hi Just got here with my Thai girlfriend  off to Santos for some  sea air soon  We are looking for a place to settle down so getting to know our way around is first on the list!
Cheers  Paul and Nicha

Hi,
I'm starting a new job soon that's based in Sao Paulo. I'll be working remotely for the foreseeable future but will be relocating once it's reasonable to do so. I'm currently living in London but am originally from Seattle in the US.
I'm currently in the process of learning about Brazil and Sao Paulo, customs, culture, areas to live etc so any help appreciated.
The company I'll be working for is located in Vila Nova Consceicao si I'll be looking for housing in surrounding areas.
Mike

Hey, where in London are you moving from?

My wife and I are retiring from London to Cuiaba this year, our son and his family are already out. He has citizenship and his wife is Brazilian. We are just starting on the path Visas, Bank accounts we are looking at buying a small apartment in Cuiaba and our main residence in Chapada dos Guimares

My husband, our dog and I arrived in Campinas 2 weeks ago from North Carolina. My husband will be working here for 4-5 years. 
He retired early from NCSU in order to work here.  I am an RN and don't speak Portuguese (yet) so I will not be working as a nurse.  I am working on the TEFL certification so maybe I can do some English teaching as a volunteer.  We are in the process of finding a permanent rental which proves to be very interesting.  Lots of hoops to jump through and it's a very lengthy process compared to the US.
Fortunately my husband was here for a sabbatical and left that sabbatical June 2020 (early d/t Covid pandemic) so we have many wonderful and helpful Brazilian friends.  I don't think we could do it without them.  Also bc we were here for the sabbatical period we already have all our legal paperwork done so that helps a lot.

Olá, boa tarde!

Hoje moro no Brasil, gostaria de migrar com trabalho em outra nação onde possa ter uma qualidade de vida melhor.
Mais segurança e mais dinheiro.

Att,

Pedro Rocha

Remember this is in English. There is a Portuguese side also

We wish you the best. Any idea which country?

I'm Brazilian lawyer living and working in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. But work too at others cities as Florianopois and Porto Alegre.

Vitvi
you should post on service. It will help. May read the code of conduct to help

Hi guys English chef looking for jobs in florianopolis, been here for 6months my Portuguese is not the best, any directions or info would help , muito oberigado, dale

thedalesta wrote:

Hi guys English chef looking for jobs in florianopolis, been here for 6months my Portuguese is not the best, any directions or info would help , muito oberigado, dale

What is your legal status in Brazil?

Legal sir

thedalesta wrote:

Legal sir

This is a tough time to be looking for a job in Brazil:  good luck!

If your status is legal, that means that you have your CRNM -- that's a good start.  To work legally, though, you'll need a Labor Card, too.  This is a good time to get it if you don't have it yet, so you'll be ready when employers start hiring.  You can get it at the State Labor Department.  Be sure to have your CRNM and your CPF.

Hello ,
My name is Diego. I'm from Peru , and have been living in Salvador , Bahia for 6 months now. Any other expats living here ?

Hello
I'm brazilian and I'm here because I have hope for the future to offer lodging services targeting foreign customers.

I was born in Brazil, moved to the US, been married for almost 15 years, we have kids, dogs, and 1 (fat and grumpy) cat.
We've decided to move to Brazil by the end of this year. I found the perfect place, a small town called Pomerode in Santa Catarina State. We fell in love with it.
Now, I'm working on the idea of assisting others to make "the Jump", a smooth transition to Brazil regarding housing, doctors, shopping, and etc, until the person or family is settled in their new town or city. It's a win-win situation, I'm able to really help someone at the same time being able to have an income.

movingtobrazil wrote:

I was born in Brazil, moved to the US, been married for almost 15 years, we have kids, dogs, and 1 (fat and grumpy) cat.
We've decided to move to Brazil by the end of this year. I found the perfect place, a small town called Pomerode in Santa Catarina State. We fell in love with it.
Now, I'm working on the idea of assisting others to make "the Jump", a smooth transition to Brazil regarding housing, doctors, shopping, and etc, until the person or family is settled in their new town or city. It's a win-win situation, I'm able to really help someone at the same time being able to have an income.

SIgnup to advertise on this site and may get a few clients. No free ads on this site.
Sharing your knowledge would be a great asset on this free site.

I'll definitely share my experiences and knowledge on this site. But just in case there's a person or a family that would like or need the extra help, with housing, finding doctors, school, etc. I can give them the assistance needed.  :)

I arrived in Floripa recently with my family. I'm a web developer and can work anywhere and was tired of the covid lockdown in the UK. I'm not overly concerned about covid, so we decided to chill out here in Brazil where there is still some meaningful freedom.

Mate, what are you on about meaningful freedom? I don't normally get involved with all the corona talk, but this one just sounds straight up stupid. We need the same level of lockdown that happened back home, not this half assed approach. There is nothing meaningful about the freedom here when it's costing thousands of lives just so you can do what you want.

I don't know you, or if you managed to get your vaccine before leaving, but if you didn't, why do you think traveling to a country absolutely ravaged by the virus and more deadly variants is a good idea for "meaningful freedom"?

Hi English penguin, I simply don't believe what most of the media and most governments are saying. I don't think Covid is as dangerous as people think it is, and I think the reaction to it has been disproportionate and extremely damaging to societies and especially children all around the world.

I'm also not anti science and not anti vax.

Let's agree to disagree, I don't seek to persuade you of my point of view, I'm simply explaining why I came back here when I did.

Wow, my posts got censored for "misinformation" because I said I don't believe covid is as dangerous as people say it is! We surely are living in the dystopian future we imagined might come.

Yes, you will get slapped on politics and medical opinions or advice.

Now that all have introduced yourselves, begin asking questions new or old on another post.

Hi,

I'm Marcus.  I'm in the very early stage of transitioning to Brazil (love both SP and Florianopolis).  I produce motion pictures and contract cinematographers. 

My initial thoughts are to acquire a Brazilian firm to sponsor me on an eventual work visa, and then eventually acquire a permanent visa (rented a car and drove from SP to Florianopolis and came up with these possible scenarios - left my heart in Brasil).

Sincere regards!

You have been banned and will be again,

hi
i am hamid, from iran. i was in brazil since August to one week before.
i was there with my lover, we were in joa pessoa , Paraiba, and have great time there. now we are far from each other in out of brazil and i am alone now. i wish i could come back again and continue my life there with my lover.

Assalamoaleikum Sir

First of all you and your future partner need to decide marry and start the visa proccess.
Its not hard but its not so easy but it takes long time... first is necessary to consularize your documents (better is that your documents be in English because its not easy to find farsi /persian translators here and specially sworn translatoes that in Brazil referred to as Official Public Translator and Commercial Interprete.
You need to take informations on embassy (Brazilian Embassy on your country) .Due Covid, all informations will be provided by mail or phone.

Joao Pessoa (Paraiba) looks a nice place but I don't know about the embassies there... so its important to search nearby cities.
Insha Allah everything will be fine .

Best regards !

Hi everyone,
   I recently got accepted to pursue my Masters at UFG in Goiás. I should be arriving in September. If there is anyone here located in Goiânia I would be extremely grateful if we could connect.

Steven

Welcome. Hopefully, someone will help. Get vaccinated is a good start

Uh, Welcome?
How are the kids? Houston helps all....

Hello all,

I will be heading to Belo Horizonte for a visit in July. I just thought I'd reach out to see who is there.

(I think I posted this in the wrong area initially.. :) )

Howdy everyone,

I was born in Brazil but for the past decade (+) I've been living in the land of the dreams (for a lot of people) USA, I love it here but I am getting close to exhaustion point. I work all day, without much or any vacation, recently working all day until night at a corporate world. I haven't been able to enjoy life so far, or at least not very much of it so I am looking to the possibility of going to live in Espirito Santo, BR with money saved up to finally work on my passions and be able to finally enjoy life more. My goal is to earn an income online from US and have a place in both countries and I feel that for me to start working on my dreams I really need to ditch my job and be able to sustain myself at an affordable place, which Brazil sounds like the ideal place. The cost of living here is so high and I feel like all I'm doing here is working to eat and sleep. I got duo citizenship so maybe I can go live in Brazil for a while and start working on the things that I truly enjoy and live life more and eventually get a place here as well.

Thank you everyone who are helping here in the forum.

05/27/21

Welcome, Viviexpat!  :top:

Welcome,
Your intro helps as to the banking questions you raised. The answers are still true.

My wife and I are moving to Recife for work.  I do not have any burning questions yet but I am sure that I will soon enough as we get closer to departing in July.  I know that I will want to buy a car, bikes, and take up kite surfing.  If you have any info regarding those three topics please offer advice.

Specific Topics:

1. Used car market and trustworthy dealer.

2. Where to buy moderately prices mt bikes or road bikes.

3. Where to take kite surfing lessons in Recife.

Thanks

Sam

Welcome, Sam!  :top:

Welcome, Sam,
Hopefully, someone in Recife will help. Being a tourist beach city I am sure you will find bikes everywhere.
As to used cars, I found new/used car dealers a little easier to see if little things can be fixed before leaving the dealership with a car.
I would say in Brasil use cars outnumber new cars due to taxes,
Ford has pulled out of Brasil, but plenty of parts can be found.

Closed