Rent or buy a car for 6 months in France

As soon as we can we would like to get back to France and spend 6 months in Creysse 46600 (near Martel and Brive)

We are open to buy a car, but as our house is on a very narrow road we would have a problem parking it for the other 6 months when we are back in Australia. Has anyone else surmounted this problem?

Is there such a thing as "rent to buy" where you purchase a car and then sell it back to the dealer later?

Any advice about which small French car would have the best GPS, Parking camera and automatic transmission? We have a VW here that has a wonderful GPS, parking camera e.t.c. as well as park assist, which we have never been brave enough to use.

All advice very welcome.

Good riddance to COVID! It has kept us away from France for a year. All the best to everyone dealing with this pest.

https://www.car2europe.com/peugeot/en/

Welcome on our website,

Of course this system exists...

Bonjour,
I bought a Fiat 500 its really small car?
Renting cars is expensive here, I did it and glad I have my own car.
Good luck , I am in Provence Mont Ventoux, very pretty here

Thanks Louise

Well, personally I would not recommend to buy a car, even an used one nor an old one.. Reasons are fussy administration that requires you buy your car id certificate ( Carte grise) at about : 500 € minimum + An insurance  Minimum: 150,00€ / month ) unless you can show a certificate from your previous car insurer abroad that you did not have any accident records etc..   There are quite a fear car rental companies here such as: AutoEurop.fr that offer a 3 000.00€ rental for 6 x months ( Small to medium car like the Citroen C3 or 3 200.00€ / 6 months for the SUV Citroen C3... ) I wouldn't not bother to buy!  In addition the headquarters being based in Ireland, they provide an excellent phone service in English.

Henri Stref wrote:

Well, personally I would not recommend to buy a car, even an used one nor an old one.. Reasons are fussy administration that requires you buy your car id certificate ( Carte grise) at about : 500 € minimum + An insurance  Minimum: 150,00€ / month ) unless you can show a certificate from your previous car insurer abroad that you did not have any accident records etc..   There are quite a fear car rental companies here such as: AutoEurop.fr that offer a 3 000.00€ rental for 6 x months ( Small to medium car like the Citroen C3 or 3 200.00€ / 6 months for the SUV Citroen C3... ) I wouldn't not bother to buy!  In addition the headquarters being based in Ireland, they provide an excellent phone service in English.

Hi Henry,

Please have a look on post #2. This system is cheaper that any rent-a-car company  for longtime renting.

Bonjour, my insurance on my car is is 55 euros a month, I have excellent record, my grise carte was cheap in Vaucluse 150, also each year in France I have no accidents I pay less insurance, long time driving in life over35 years, so I guess its individually looked at. Thanks Louise