Please help! Non EU partner with legal time expired

hello,

First of all, thanks for taking your time to read me, we find ourselves in a limbo and would be great to ear some helpful advises.
I m an Spanish citizen living  and working in malta for almost 3 years.
I started with my girlfriend around year and half ago, shes Ukrainian,  and decided  to visited for a long visit at the beggining of this Year, due to situation on her country and that the thing between us were going we decided to find a way for her to stay in malta, lockdowns happened and when we realized her legal time was about to expire.
Right now the situation is a bit complicated as shes Ilegal in malta and if she leaves to her country she will not be able to come to europe for a long period of time...
we are trying to find a solution to try to regularize her situation as even for marriage she needs to be legal.
From Malta ID is confusing and  theyre a not being helpful and the answer is that there is nothing we can do.
Is there anything we can do for her to get residence/temporary residence? I would appreciate ideas, advised or anything that could help with this.  We cannot sustain this situation much longer..

sorry for the bad English

You could marry her here and then she will become 'legal' as your partner.

Madafou wrote:

hello,

First of all, thanks for taking your time to read me, we find ourselves in a limbo and would be great to ear some helpful advises.
I m an Spanish citizen living  and working in malta for almost 3 years.
I started with my girlfriend around year and half ago, shes Ukrainian,  and decided  to visited for a long visit at the beggining of this Year, due to situation on her country and that the thing between us were going we decided to find a way for her to stay in malta, lockdowns happened and when we realized her legal time was about to expire.
Right now the situation is a bit complicated as shes Ilegal in malta and if she leaves to her country she will not be able to come to europe for a long period of time...
we are trying to find a solution to try to regularize her situation as even for marriage she needs to be legal.
From Malta ID is confusing and  theyre a not being helpful and the answer is that there is nothing we can do.
Is there anything we can do for her to get residence/temporary residence? I would appreciate ideas, advised or anything that could help with this.  We cannot sustain this situation much longer..

sorry for the bad English

You can contact one of this immigration lawyers for advice. People in government offices do not like to commit themselves with this matter. May be one way out is your girlfriends is getting a job as an au pair or a contract worker for a fixed period of time. If you are a catholic you can also ask a social worker of the church to advise and assist you.

sjan wrote:

You could marry her here and then she will become 'legal' as your partner.

They can not marry here as things stand as she is not a legal resident of Malta, according to the OP.