Renewing a British Passport in Malta

Hello Everyone!
I'm a retired British citizen with 10-year post-Brexit residency in Malta. I have just realised that my GB Passport is about to expire. Is it possible to renew one's passport personally here in Malta?
Or is it necessary to send my passport back to the UK, or apply to the UK passport office online? I don't 'need' my passport immediately, as I'm not planning to travel any time soon but this is something I really must do. I'd appreciate any tips from people who have been through the process and can advise me. Many thanks to you all. Trinilang
@Trinilang
You cannot renew it here, do it on line I don't know about now but when we renewed ours it took less then two weeks.
HI
Renewed mine on line ( it's the digital photo that took awhile),    you have to send back your old passport, but all is explained on their  website.
@GozoMo
Thank you so much, GozoMo!
I appreciate the info!
Trinilang
@DP4
Hi DP4,

Thank you very much.
It's good to know that others have done it without too much hassle!

I've been alarmed however at recent news reports that the UK Passport Service is working with enormous backlogs and has even lost passports!
I might wait until after the 'summer rush'

Many thanks for sharing your experience.

Trinilang
@Trinilang
Don't know if it's true, I read on a different forum that overseas passports where being issued quicker then the
UK ones.

@Trinilang

Here is the link to renew your passport.
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

For overseas renewals, they go to 2 separate offices, saying that make sure you do give ample time to renew.

If you have a Malta residency card you can travel between Malta and the UK up to the expiry date. The 3 month rule doesn't apply.
And if your visiting  any EU country ,  if  you  use  your UK passport  wirh your Malta residency  card together   you can  use the EU members  sections .
@GozoMo

Gosh!
That's interesting!
Thanks for mentioning that!
Trinilang
@SimCityAT
Many thanks for this very useful link, SimCityAT!
I really appreciate your help and advice.
Trinilang
@DP4
That's great to know, DP4.
Thank you so much!
Trinilang

Where you need to send the expired British passport pls

Where you need to send the expired British passport pls
-@karmenucallus80

You apply on line and the information will be on there, I believe the post offices here will not accept

them now, you have to send it with a courier.