Looking forward to learn about Turkey

I searched for the Best place bro live in Turkey. Two cities appeared Marmaris and Fethiye. One resident of Fethiye recomended Fethiye is instead of Marmaris. So I concentrated bon Fethiye. I need lots of help in choosing nice apartment bro move in for a year. I need lots of critical info. On medical bro make sure I will be in good shape older living in this town. Good English speaking Bank, Wish later to learn Turkish, Love ball room dancing, will be nice to know someone to help with starting Life in Fethiye, I like to walk daily quiet area.

Fethiye is a beautiful place but also Calis very close by. I am moving to Calis which is next to fethiye March 2021. You made the right decision choosing fethiye over marmaris. Lots of English speaking and Expats in the area but also still traditionally Turkish. Fethiye is a working town so is open all year round so no need to worry about nothing being open through winter. We are renting a 2 bedroom apartment with pool in Calis for 2,000 lira a month = £200 also fully furnished. Without a pool you will be able to find for cheaper. We have never had a bad experience in fethiye/Calis in the 13 years we have been going. I know to apply for residency you need health insurance anyway, there are plenty of hospitals by which I'm sure people can give you more info on - I'm not too sure on that side. If you have Facebook there are plenty of forums - ‘moving to calis, fethiye and hisaronu' and ‘expats in fethiye' where people are extremely helpful and can also give you more info!

As long as my opinion is concerned Fethiye is much better.

Calis is the beach area of Fethiye right? I would love to live and move there too. But not able to find reasonable prices there and no long term rentals. All I see are short term. If you find a long-term rental please let me know. I live on the coast now and have been most of my life and wouldn't know how to live inland. Any information on getting me where you are moving to I would appreciate it a great deal. 2000TR / month is not a problem for me. I walk on the coast daily. Thanks for the great reply

Yes you could say that, Calis is further round than fethiye but can access either via a short dolmus or a water taxi across! Fethiye has a gorgeous harbour area so I wouldn't say it is inland as it is still coastal but Calis is the beach area. Again, if you have Facebook, there are many groups to join where people advertise rentals! We found our apartment on Facebook.

I searched the weather in Calis summer is not as bad as Fethiye. almost ten degrees lower. That is awesome. I will look for the FB Calis forum. Thanks.