Giving birth in Czech Republic

Hello everyone!
Me, my husband and our 3 year old will be moving to Hradec Kralove next August and would like a second child.

The problem is, our first child was born in a very relaxing and quick labour at home (planned home water birth), something quite common in the UK.
I hate hospitals and I would never give birth in a hospital if I had a low risk pregnancy.
Sooooo, my question is...

Is it possible to give birth at home in CZ with the assistance of midwives?
Anyone have experiences or know someone who knows someone that had a planned home birth in CZ?

And if you know, how would one go about making this happen?

Thanks all so much!

Hi, I am father of an awesome 2yrs old baby.
My wife had the baby here in Prague, at the Apolinář hospital.
It has been a pleasant experience far away from chaotic life.
For further information I suggest you to join Prague Mums Group on facebook <span facebook.com/praguemumsgroup/
Some moms will be probably able to give you a better reply..

Hello, giving birth at home is legal, but not common. It has became quite difficult for properly trained labour assistants to assist with home deliveries, since they struggle to get a respective permit and if they decide to assist outside of a medical facility, they risk a considerable fine. Unfortunately, the Czech Republic has quite conservative approach to the labours (just have a look at the Czech Parliament /basically men 60+) and if you want any alternative, you really need to do your research. However, some hospitals/facilities are really friendly and respectful and my friends who gave birth there were extremely satisfied; in others, they follow their routine and they are criticized for unnecessarily trying to medicate women and routinely cutting genitals to prevent any rupture. In general, you can expect the doctors to do an amazing job, taking care of your new-born baby. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Best, Eva

Wondering the same thing about a home birth. did you have any success finding a midwife to assist with a home birth here in Czech?

Wondering the same thing about a home birth. did you have any success finding a midwife to assist with a home birth here in Czech?

-@Nssmithcz

You are replying to an old thread and unlikely to get a response, we invite you to start a new post to get better a response.