Micro hydro anyone?

Greetings,

I think I have found a good site very close to where I live that could provide .25MW.  (That's 250 KwH)

I have somebody who would build it out at their cost for a piece of the pie, and all infrastructure, at least in terms of a building a pipeline of suitable ID, etc., access are in place.

No 'takeaway' capacity though in terms of KwH generated though.

If any of you know of anyone in the area who has experience in those kinds of projects I'd appreciate the referral.

Hypothetically, if 'buy back' was $.10/KwH project would generate $600 USD / day (have some video avail) and I'd like as much of that as possible to go to a local foundation that is about helping helping kids and the community.

Don't much need to hear about 'deal killers/complications/politics, etc, just want to go towards potential solutions.

Happy to send you some video.

JR

Personally, I haven't a clue. 

But I sure want to read about this topic.  Someday, I'd love to have a microhydro install.

I bet there's a lot of locations where it could be done here.

It won't be simple.  It's complicated.   All of this is tightly controlled.  Studies will be required and need approval in multiple govt departments.  You will get little assistance from any department or the electrical distribution system regardless of your intent. 

Doing it on your private property for your own use is complicated. Doing it on public property and for distribution is a whole other game.

He said he dodnt want to hear about ...reality!

My job here is to moderate and that includes  making sure reality is available to everyone.....  I cannot leave this  for others to read thinking you can just come in and do what you want.

And I know that is not the intent of the OP

jaycreynolds wrote:

Greetings,

I think I have found a good site very close to where I live that could provide .25MW.  (That's 250 KwH)

Happy to send you some video.

JR

I'd be curious to see what you've got. How do you prefer to send it?

I'm aware of the challenges and I know they are a reality.

That said, I would expect that if the parties were all aligned and incentivized something could possibly be done.

And that's all I want to look into.

If i can get the right people talking to each other maybe something will happen of benefit to the area.  Beats burning coal anyhow ....

Thank you

Your investor must not know of the reality here,  otherwise he wouldnt be so eager to front the money.

"That said, I would expect that if the parties were all aligned and incentivized something could possibly be done."

This statement is the issue.  I would expect.....  That statement will get you nowhere here sadly.  Do not bring your expectations here.  You will be disappointed.   Do not assume  aligning will  happen. Do not assume incentivizing will work.   If it works they will want it for themselves.

That is the state of affairs you are dealing with. That is the reality.   I dont want to see you waste time and money - wait. Learn how things work.  Then in  1 or 2 years you still feel the same, have at it.

Thanks,  If it happens or not I don't really care.  I'm going to point out the obvious potential as best I can with the data I can assemble.

I'll have <$5 in gasoline invested as sum total of expenditures.  The time I NEED to invest on something other than being inside my head.

I have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, just staying busy at a time when it is critical to do so.

If people don't want to collaborate in their own self-interest, it's just the way it is.  I only say "It is what it is" to myself about a thousand times a week as it is lol

JR

I understand that.  If you have no expectations of outcome then honey  move forward!   

Most are not in the same position as you.   Good luck to you!

When my immune system was destroyed by chemo and my Docs said to stay home back in March due to COVID, and my memory was pretty much destroyed I just started doing little feasibility studies and White Papers for myself to stay busy.

My only child had just gotten killed and if I didn't really WORK to stay busy all day, reading, writing, studying then things got real dark, real fast.

And if it's all for naught as to any given idea?  I don't care.  If an idea is sound but not practically feasible on the ground?  Fine with me.  If I'm totally wrong? I like finding out if I'm wrong.

No dog in the fight, nothing to lose, just staying busy. 

Not the most far fetched idea I've had to be sure :)

jaycreynolds wrote:

Thanks,  If it happens or not I don't really care.  I'm going to point out the obvious potential as best I can with the data I can assemble.

If people don't want to collaborate in their own self-interest, it's just the way it is.  I only say "It is what it is" to myself about a thousand times a week as it is lol

JR

Man... How many times do I say that to myself every week?

"Nothing to lose " you say?  How about that investors money?

It's my brother's company.  They've done over a billion dollars worth of projects for Lawrence Livermore, Sandia, numerous other gov't facilities, mines, primary metals producers and industries all over the world for over 23 years (if memory serves).

And it may be pertinent to note that no one's investment is being solicited. 

They asked for information, I am developing it as best I can.  End of story.

This ain't their first barbque and I don't have a gator in this fight, ok?

If it doesn't work, if nobody is interested, if I've spent my time learning something new then that is just all ok with me.

Just trying to stay productive.

And you have stated it very clearly. Thank you.  And we have stated possible issues for others who may read this.

We are all good here!  Please keep us updated, there is genuine interest in your progress and process. 

I wish you luck in the process. I hope you stay busy, learn a lot, teach others and make a difference.  Like you say, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!