Intellectual and cultural exchange sought

Hope this post finds you well during these strange times.

I have been living in Armenia for about 7 years now. I like it, and of course like Colombia, however it would be very helpful to make contact with ex-patriots living here who, like myself, lack intellectual stimulation.

Literature, philosophy, politics, art, cuisine, culture -- these are some of the topics that interest me. I am a photographer and artist but my background is in philosophy and literature.

I find that it is very helpful to maintain contacts with those in one's own language- and culture-group. Though I speak fluent Spanish I find that the cultural mind of Spanish speakers is quite distinct from that of English speakers. Perhaps you have similar thoughts on the matter.

Reach out to me and let's talk.

Sincere regards,

---Lyle

My wife and I have an apartment in Pereira and we are usually there during the winter months but are not planning to go there until there is a Covid vaccine.  Naturally we do a lot of social things while there with almost all of it being with educated Colombians, many of whom speak some English and have lived in the U.S.  I am a reader, and so when I am there I read books stored on my Kindle and listen to Audible book recordings which are excellent.  I also listen to U.S. talk radio on my Kindle Fire Tablet.  These things entertain me and keep me connected with what is going on in the world.