Buying a home

Hello -
Me and my wife (we are from India) work here with  a local company with full time contract but our RP type is still type A. ( we have been living since 3.5 years). We don't want to pay rent but buy a house. We don't have any credit in the market.

1. Can I get a home loan still?
2. Is it possible to get a 100% loan?
3. Which would be best bank yo approach.

Hello,

1) it's possible
2) nope
3) the Belgian one who get your salary

Hello,

My wife and i are still with Temporary residence card and we would like to buy a home.

The bank who get our salaries (Belfius) does not accept giving loan for clients who have no permanent resident card.

Do you know if there is another bank who accept that ?

If yes, is it possible to get loan from a bank without being a client at that bank ?

Thank you.

Hi Sooileh,

From what I know only BPost wants you to have a Permanent Residency to give you a loan.

Try other banks, they are generally willing to give depending on your salary and work contract duration.

For a home loan, the bank will always want you to become their customer and move your salary accounts with them to give you a loan.

Cheers

No bank or lending agency will do it.  For a simple reason, in case of non-payment on your part, how do you expect them to recover their money?  If all of a sudden you disappear abroad ...

Many banks will. You don't need to be a citizen or permanent resident in Belgium to buy property here. Inspite of anybodys personal opinion, the law of the land is what matters. Belgian govt allows you to buy a house. Been there done that.

Go ahead and start contacting various banks.

Hello,

Few questions come to my mind on this subject.

1> What happens if the person who is working on Single permit loses his job but he has already purchased a property and has taken a loan ?  What options does one have in such situation.

2> Many people I know have invested in a house but not in an apartment ? Both have their pros and cons based on lifestyle but what I am interested to know are the charges one has to pay for owning a house vis owning an apartment.

1> Generally banks will look at your payslip, work contract and overall profile to understand the risks involved in giving you a loan. Some banks offer an insurance that if you do loose your job, for 6 months, you dont have to pay any amount (BNP offered something similar). Ofcourse your insurance premium for such a category will be very high

2> From my experience, the cost of living in a house is higher. Buying cost may be similar (an apartment in centre of the city may cost the same as a big house outside the city) but your overall bills and maintainence costs are higher in a house due to larger overall area and more complexity compared to an apartment.

Cheers.

Hello

Did you came across any such banks  ?

Alpaci wrote:

Hello

Did you came across any such banks  ?

Who are you talking too?

My 2 cents:
My personal experience- Axa, ING, Keytrade need PR.
BNP is generous and don't need PR for home loans.

Apartments' monthly maintenance charges are high. However, houses charges are low.

If you come across a house with installed solar panels and rainwater harvesting for toilets, it's the best deal. you save a lot of utility bills. These are not possible in apartments.

@Bruusels_be I think you can't buy a house because of your PR (A) card !!!???!?!!  This is not a permanent resident card.  First you apply your permanent card, then you can apply for home loan anytime in any bank

you know, if you're a millionaire, the bank will always listen to you, even with an 'A' card...

The full context is what matter... the more money you can show, the less risk for the bank and the more generous they can be, no matter in which country you live... :cheers:

@likemewho Incorrect.

You can still approach a bank without a PR.

I have several friends without PR who did it very recently.

Cheers!

@likemewho I bought before with A card. Only money what is matters