GCC Job Visas opening

Hi All,
Would like to know what is the current status on Job Visas opened or not across any GCC ?

Due to pandemic all hirings of outside GCC were blocked so what is the current status on it?
Is govt. allowed companies in GCC to start hiring resources from other countries or not, if not what is the expected timeframe to open the Visas for organization's to start hiring from outside. May be this topic has been discussed but I amy have missed so checking 😃

Thanks.

That is a very broad question.   The situation is different across the countries as each makes its own policies.  But for the most part, the visas are either closed or if open, there are additional requirements to be fulfilled e.g. in Bahrain, they are open but to hire people from outside, companies must advertise locally for 2 weeks before they can apply.

Thanks, so what is the current hiring on expatriates from outsider.
As I heard countries like UAE KSA may start hiring expatriates from next year only due to pandemic.

Look, what you need to understand is that Saudi specifically is trying to give jobs to it's citizens and trying to reduce the numbers of expats in the country.  The pandemic has made this process faster due to thousands of job losses.  Expats are being hired still but for critical and technical positions.  And that will continue.  But for any job, they will prefer citizens so if you are in a field in which it is easy to find Saudi's, then you are out of luck even next year.

In UAE, there is a lot of supply of expats who have lost their jobs and are present there so most employers are not looking to bring people in from the outside.

Again, this is all at a high level.  At the end, it depends on what your chosen profession is, your experience and your skillset.   If you are, say, an admin assistant then forget about the GCC for now.  If you are qualified data analyst or actuary, there is still scope for you.

Yes, i guess not only Saudi Arabia but even Oman and Kuwait are also in plans to give more jobs to their locals instead of expatriates so its better to aim for the countries who welcome expatriates like UAE or Qatar as far as I know.
Though Saudi Arabia has high number of opportunities but its likes taking risk to move there as an expatriate.
So any one planning to get job in countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Oman should keep some back up plan with them as a security.