VISA Medical question

Hi All,

I have a couple of job offers from Dubai for a role as Science Teacher. I am from the UK and I do not suffer from any medical conditions (as far as I am aware).

I am however legally blind in one eye and have normal eyesight in the other eye. Would this effect my medical on arrival in Dubai? Could it be a reason for me to fail the medical? It does not stop me from carrying out my work as I am a science teacher here in London.

Does anyone have a link to the official guidelines for the medical?

Thank you,
Qasam

Defects on eyesight is not a problem as it is not included in visa medical checkup. But it will be difficult if you are planning to go for a driving licence.

Hello Mr.Qasamwahid,

The eyesight shouldn't affect your medical on arrival but again it depends on your job and yeah you might not be able to get a driving licence.

Hi ,

I am Ram Kumar from India. I am Accountant, my company transfering me to dubai branch. They asked me to get GAMCA test done.
I applied in my hyderabad they said i am unfit as "I have very low vision in my Right Eye and my left eye ha normal eye sight" and all other tests are clear.

For Accountant will eye low vision will effect as per dubai GAMCA rules?

Now , i dont know what to do i am working since last 6 years i never faced any problem of eye. If i come on visit visa and apply again after 3 months directly in dubai will it be any problem???

Pls help me!!!!

Hi ram,
iam also suffering with the same case, can u please let me know what happened next. Did you join the job?

Don't post on multiple forums.

GAMCA is same for all GCC countries.  And GAMCA can and will mark you as UNFIT as per guidelines.

These are here:

https://gcchmc.org/Images/RulesAndRegul … ov2016.pdf

The way around it is to come on a visit visa and then do the medical in country.  For UAE, vision doesn't matter.  But your question was about Bahrain, where it does matter for some jobs.

Hi

Yes, as I said, in the UAE they don't do eye tests.  BUT in Bahrain, they DO.

My one eyesight is 2.5 and also same in glasses and other one is normal i am coming from pakistan to UAE i am fit in medical for employement viza?

Should not be an issue unless your profession requires perfect eyesight e.g. pilot etc.

Hi! Low vision in left eye (6/36) with normal vision in right (6/6). Will it be an unfit case for the job of general practitioner in the UAE?

Already answered.  It is not an issue unless your profession/employer requires it.

Hi, Is One eyed Doctor (General practitioner) eligible to work in Dubai? (No surgery but consultation only) .

Thanks in advance.

I have explained the guidelines above - with eyesight issues, steer clear of GAMCA; just come here on visit visa, do the test and transfer.   Check with your employer for your specific case.

@sunny2822

hi any updates