DT Visa Needed

Howdy,
Is there a quick and easy way to get the DT Visa, or a service that will sponsor?
Thanks

Hooked wrote:

Howdy,
Is there a quick and easy way to get the DT Visa, or a service that will sponsor?
Thanks

You do understand its a visa for setting up investment/ business or represenative of a company.

Hooked wrote:

Howdy,
Thanks

DT visa is an investor visa.  Here are some general guidelines on how to get it.

[removed : not a governmental website]

Hooked wrote:

Howdy,
Thanks

Quickly flash your ₫3,000,000,000 VNĐ investment capital...

Yes I aware it's my understanding that a DT4 requires 1 billion Dong investment.  But I have not seen any guideline on the type of investment or how to get a sponsor.  I believe if one obtained a sponsor then the visa could be obtained. This would enable me to enter Vietnam and look into various investment opportunities. But got now I am stuck. A couple of years ago I opened a small shop in the market in Dak Lak. Province, we would now like to expand into Hcmc.  I don't know if this would qualify or where we could find this information.

Hooked wrote:

Yes I aware it's my understanding that a DT4 requires 1 billion Dong investment.  But I have not seen any guideline on the type of investment or how to get a sponsor.  I believe if one obtained a sponsor then the visa could be obtained. This would enable me to enter Vietnam and look into various investment opportunities. But got now I am stuck. A couple of years ago I opened a small shop in the market in Dak Lak. Province, we would now like to expand into Hcmc.  I don't know if this would qualify or where we could find this information.

I think you are getting confused between a DN(business) and DT( investor) visa. A DN needs a sponsor, as far as Im aware a DT doesn't.

Hooked wrote:

A couple of years ago I opened a small shop in the market in Dak Lak. Province, we would now like to expand into Hcmc.  I don't know if this would qualify or where we could find this information.

Under whose name did you open "a small shop"?  Your name, your company's name, or in the name of a Vietnamese?

When you use the word "we", do you mean you and your business partner?

Hooked wrote:

A couple of years ago I opened a small shop in the market in Dak Lak. Province, we would now like to expand into Hcmc.

Please clarify "I" and "we" above.  Did you start a business with a wife or girlfriend or some other related person?  Is it still in buiness today?  It it an actual registered business with the government?  Who's name is on the business license?  Did you or do you currently live in VN?  Are you married to a VN?

Vague questions like the original post are bound to generate vague answers.

I've done this before so I can help but need some clear direction of where you have been and where you are going.

I gave and opened in gf name and titled property in her name

SteinNebraska wrote:

I've done this before so I can help but need some clear direction of where you have been and where you are going.

Hooked wrote:

I gave and opened in gf name and titled property in her name

SteinNebraska -- Based on the OP's description of the business ("a small shop in the market") and the answer (gf was the registered and sole business owner), I believe he had funded a household business (hộ kinh doanh cá thể) in her name.

Hooked -- My knowledge of DN and DT visa is very limited.  Colin, SteinNebraska, or other members are better qualified to help you. However, I can answer one part of your question with certainty: 

You asked, "we would now like to expand into Hcmc".  If your business is legally termed as "hộ kinh doanh cá thể" aka household business in English, then no, you cannot expand it. You cannot even open a second location in the same market.

Hộ kinh doanh cá thể is the most basic and easiest-to-form business option available to the locals (no foreigners allowed). Essentially, it's "one-owner-one-business-on-one-location with fewer than 10 employees".  The government allows the owner complete freedom in the running of the business and even makes it easy by not requiring any record keeping and filing.  In exchange, the government determines that the business income would be below a certain amount (a quite generous number), and the business must pay a set percentage of that predetermined amount for tax no matter the financial condition or true income.

As it's not your business legally, you cannot use it for visa purpose.

Hi

Merry Christmas  !!
Understand that a  3 year DT visa is obtainable with a 3 billion vnd infusion

Appreciate if some guru can advise if the above visa can be obtained by investing in fixed income instruments like Bank FD and whether it's better to go through a visa agent to get it or to apply directly through the overseas Vietnamese Consulate ..

Thanks for the input , peace

No.  You can't buy fixed instruments.  You can't buy a house as a business.  It's a visa for investing in a real working business which is designed to generate profit and thus taxes for the government, not a loophole to get a visa.

Thanks

This is probably the premier thread for information on this subject:

expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=823006

I've sent a message to admin, asking that it be a sticky thread again.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

I've sent a message to admin, asking that it be a sticky thread again.

Good going.   A while back someone unstuck several helpful threads.   As I recall they related to the VEC, TRC for spouses, and one or two more.  At times these threads may seem inactive but sometimes they provide a relatively complete body of knowledge for a newbie or others to read, and don't need updating.  Also if a new poster asks a question that is clearly already covered they can be pointed to these threads without having to search ten or more pages back.   (Gently and politely of course and not this way.   :dumbom: ) If site management has a click counter it might give them a better picture rather than relying on the existence of new posts.

Perhaps someone connected to this thread knows something about the current TRC situation. I currently have a TRC via the two business me and my childs mother have together. It expires in December of this year. Our attorney is saying it is now very difficult and I would have to send an additional 3b  vnd to a bank here. My sonis a dual citizen (vitiamese/america). I thought one could get a TRC based on family members. But I am being told a child does not qualify until they reach the age of 18. Seems crazy they would seperate a child from his parent.

If the answer is not here,on the forum does anyone know of a great attorney that can push such  a thing through. Would sure hate to lose my son.

@Diazo Yes, it is crazy your son cant be your sponsor unless he is 18 only your Vietnamese wife can be a sponsor and if your wife is the sponsor you dont need a attorney. just go to this place Immigration Division - HCMC Police (Phòng Quản lý Xuất nhập cảnh Công an TP.HCM), 196 Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Phường 6, Quận 3, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 700000. She can do it for you but if she is not assisting you then 3b is your only solution.

Perhaps someone connected to this thread knows something about the current TRC situation. I currently have a TRC via the two business me and my childs mother have together. It expires in December of this year. Our attorney is saying it is now very difficult and I would have to send an additional 3b  vnd to a bank here. My sonis a dual citizen (vitiamese/america). I thought one could get a TRC based on family members. But I am being told a child does not qualify until they reach the age of 18. Seems crazy they would seperate a child from his parent.

If the answer is not here,on the forum does anyone know of a great attorney that can push such  a thing through. Would sure hate to lose my son.
- @Diazo
Yes, to get the TRC with ĐT3 visa now, based on investment, the capital contribution must be ₫3,000,000,000 VNĐ or more.

However, a 1 year ĐT4 visa without TRC is also a possibility.

Read it carefully, as some of that information only applies if you qualify for a work permit exemption.

Send me a private message for the contact info for my HCMC attorney.

Are you not married to your child's mother?

That would be another option.

Good luck!

O.B.