Visa Renewal

Hi! I just moved here and my visa is about to expire (I ordered it over the summer when I thought I'd be coming here in November instead of January). I'm looking for a place to go in Vietnam where I can renew it without having to buy a bus ticket to Cambodia and a visa for Cambodia. I read that some travel agencies here will renew it for you, but does anyone have any experience with this? Is it really expensive? And how long does this process take?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

As far as I'm concerned, Vietnamese immigration rules have been changed and visa just can be renewed for some specific cases/purposes, which means you don't have to leave and enter the country to get new visa. To have official information, I strongly suggest you contact with Vietnamese Immigration Bureau (HCMC Office) on 337 Nguyen Trai Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1. In the meantime, you should have access to their website for reference: https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/. Wish you luck!

You need a visa extension. It used to be possible to get one extension without having to leave the country. It may still be.

Chi's Cafe used to be a well-known visa agent if you are in Saigon. I'm not sure if she still handles visas. The cafe still seems to be there though. Do a websearch to find her address and contact information in District 1.

fionamaluhia :

Hi! I just moved here and my visa is about to expire (I ordered it over the summer when I thought I'd be coming here in November instead of January). I'm looking for a place to go in Vietnam where I can renew it without having to buy a bus ticket to Cambodia and a visa for Cambodia. I read that some travel agencies here will renew it for you, but does anyone have any experience with this? Is it really expensive? And how long does this process take?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

The suggestion to go to immigration is good.

An agent is the next-best way to go about it.

An agent anywhere in the country can help you online.

Your cost, etc will be based on many factors, with the agent ultimately charging you what THEY think is a fare price.

We are not supposed to advertise businesses on here, but you should seek out an agent with a good reputation for honesty and efficiency.

If you send me a private message, I will give you the website and Facebook info for my trusted visa agent.

Cheers!

If you have a contract with a local company - you can simply get a temporary residency card. Do you? Or still looking for a job?

Alexanderrrrrrr :

If you have a contract with a local company - you can simply get a temporary residency card. Do you? Or still looking for a job?

True as long as you have a work permit in place. A work contract by itself wont get you a TRC in most cases.

colinoscapee :
Alexanderrrrrrr :

True as long as you have a work permit in place. A work contract by itself wont get you a TRC in most cases.

This is my situation too - have a contract but not yet (new) work permit. Any recommendations how to update my residence card?

I had to get my visa extended at a travel shop, the government office can't do it anymore. It was $100 ish and took 3 days, very easy.

Canman63 :

I had to get my visa extended at a travel shop, the government office can't do it anymore. It was $100 ish and took 3 days, very easy.

You want to be very careful with that.  A trip to the immigration office to check its validity may be worthwhile.

Firstly I went to government immigration where I was informed that they cannot do it anymore, ( tourist ) visa. I was told under a new law it must be done thru a tourist (visa)company. I found one of many, reputable shops in town and it was professionally takin care of. 
It was several days away from Tet. A local visa agent said he would not be able to get it back before the holiday, I would have to wait till the 10th but the local travel agent I used had in in my hands in 2 days before the holiday.
I used an agent close to the market on bac dang street.
Easy.

I've been using the same agent in HCMC for visa renewals for the past 10 years, he has just informed me of the new visa prices as follows in usd.

3 months single 150.

6 months single 285.

3 months multiple 245.

6 months multiple 1100.

12 months multiple 1300.

2 years residence card 1600.

Terence Wetton :

I've been using the same agent in HCMC for visa renewals for the past 10 years, he has just informed me of the new visa prices as follows in usd.

3 months single 150.

6 months single 285.

3 months multiple 245.

6 months multiple 1100.

12 months multiple 1300.

That 2 year residence card is done with no paperwork, hence its under the table. Since the 1 year, easy to obtain business visa folded, the new prices are just a blatant money grab.

Terence Wetton :

I've been using the same agent in HCMC for visa renewals for the past 10 years, he has just informed me of the new visa prices as follows in USD.

3 months single 150.

6 months single 285.

3 months multiple 245.

6 months multiple 1100.

12 months multiple 1300.

So you posted this as a reply here and then copy/pasted in a new thread?

Your first two forum posts?

One might be suspicious as to your purpose here.

Are you trolling for business for 'your agent'?

I ask because your information is incomplete/misleading and appears to be grossly inflated IF it applies to U.S. Citizens.

You are from Scotland.

Is this information specific to Scottish citizens?

Are you referring to tourist visas or business visas?

My Visa agent in Hanoi (where Immigration is centralized) has posted on her website since March, 2019 that only U.S. citizens are currently being approved for 6 month and 1 year "Visa on Arrival" business visa approval letters issued through an agent.

Her current price is $199 USD for a 12 month DN business Visa.

Incomplete or erroneous Visa information causes a lot of confusion on this site.