Resignation from Job before probation of 6 months

Hi All,

I have been employed on and unlimited visa type by a company for last 5 months, as per the company clause either the employer or employee can terminate the contract before 6 months without giving  advance notice period, in the claise it states this period is considered by the Employer to check if the candidate is a correct fit for the job and the Employee can decide if its a best place for them to work.

I got a new job offer which requires me to join immediately, but now my current company is asking to server 30 days notice period, if i do not serve the notice period of 30 days and leave can they put an employment ban on me.

As per UAE labour law one has to server 30 days notice period if its unlimited contract, but the company changed the clause recently and made me sign saying the above.

Regards

This is tricky as you are already on the companies visa.

However, since you have signed a paper changing the employment clause that states that you must give a 30 days notice, you are already bound to it.

Not unless you can prove to authorities that you were forced in to signing which will be difficult, i think you have no choice but to serve the 30 days before leaving.

You can negotiate with your current employer regarding this. Some times you may need to compensate in case they agree. Better avoid such legal issues