Changing emirate visa, with TB scar (spouse visa)

hi guys good day,

TB scar issue

does anybody in recent months/years have the same case where their visa change or cancelled then apply a visa again that passes the medical test with TB scar here in dubai?

Cancelled visa is under 6months  after cancellation

this is for spouse / dependent visas only..

thank you

Up, anyone with the same situation as me? Thank you

@Renskerd Hi please give update if you got dependent visa with TB Scar

Search the forum.   Many people have posted their experiences.  For dependent visa, there is usually no issue.  Work visa can have problems.

@Chi22 hi , yes we were able to get dependent visa , but we did not change emirate visa anymore, just renewal. I think it will go through for dependent visa..

@XTang , thanks to you a lot ..spending r time to help people..please share if u know about my case:

I also want to know about this..i dont know  whome i can ask..call centers sure dont know..better to hear answers here..my wife under my sponsorship ( housewife status) since 2013..in 2020 january she had  lung TB here..then treatment was done back home..then Covid my and my family visas all cancelled..now i came back ..working..want to bring my family to dubai..my wife is cured from TB..x ray showing old scars..before bringing her here want to make sure is there chance or??? Anyone had same situation..please share info if u had
For dependent visa it is allowed even if your wife had tb before and a scar remains.. i think you should not worry about that.

But i suggest that you gather all of related documents of her being treated of tb and such in case something not good happens.

Hello

Just want to share with my experience..my wife got tb in 2020 jan, then she left country for 2 years..recently came..xray found scars of course..fourtinately, she got visa ..status: fit for one year..afyer 6months she has to visit the doctor in muhaisnah AMUS fitness center..got approval for visa after 3 times sputum test in block 7 in muhaisnah fitness medical center....visa is given for 1 year

Hope its hopeful for some people

@dxbexpat981 We have also stuck in same case. My wife had TB 11-12 years before & she got treated but found scar in x-ray. They send her for sput smear test for three days we are waiting for results from 1 week. How long it takes to get test results? Do they approve visa in such case? we are worried as my kids start school & we rented apartment too. Please help.

Regards,

Deepak

@dxbexpat981

wow, it's interesting, how king she was without viza? And she came to medical for husband viza? Because for work viza - ban permanent, if more then 6 month after old viza . Can you explain plz, maybe now they changed some rules?

@bogus1981: It is dependent i.e. family visa.  For work visa, the ban is permanent.

Hi..

my husband got a job in dubai..and i want to join him as a dependent..i was treated for tb in 2016 but i have scar on my lung..will they declare me unfit?

@XTang Hi I have a COVID scar not a TB scar, never had TB. But my x-ray results says "other". They called me for a retest. Is COVID scar an issue

It depends on what they diagnose that scar as.   Take all your documentation that can prove you had Covid and recovered from it.  Try to convince them that the scar is from Covid.  Once you walk out and if they mark it as old TB, then that is it.  Forget about UAE in that case.

@46_IV - B_ Darsh Sawant

hi whats the status of ur wifes visa?

@dxbexpat981 hi

whats the status of your wife's visa?

@Renskerd  sir, how long is the validity of your spouse visa? Is it 1 year or 2 year? Is she ban to get labor card? Thank you

@tehseen ansari

Hi we have the same case. Can you update if. You got visa?

@46_IV - B_ Darsh Sawant Hi Deepak.

Can we talk my number 0586576839

..just want to know Abt ur wife visa as I m currently going through the same procedure for my wife...she had tb 11 years back...now she is told for sputum test

@46_IV - B_ Darsh Sawant hi Deepak,

pls confirm status of ur account of ur wife visa was it done and how the same got processed

my wife today undergoing same as I m sponsoring her

@XTang Hi Brother...done with my wife sputum test in Uae...still no reports from last 2 days...I have applied her for housewife visa....she had TB 11 YEARS BACK...pls guide...wats further progress..will she get visa for housewife..

I have already answered this before.  See previous posts.  No issue in dependent visa.

@XTang tnx bro

Can we get to work with old tb scar in uae with dependant visa

You can't work on a dependent visa PERIOD. 

@dxbexpat981 was it new visa or visa renewal for your dependent?

@vishranjeet did your wife got the dependent visa?

Yes she got..1 year visa with fit Follow up

@XTang brother than when she is allowed to work...After 1 year..any idea on this..as my wife has got 1 year visa

Never in majority of the cases.

@dxbexpat981 Hi!

😊Good to hear that you were able get her visa sponsored. It does gives me a ray of ,just trying to understand if your wife is eligible for work visa whether part time or full time in UAE? Since you have won half the battle for old tb scar in terms of obtaining her residency, I hope such people also be allowed to work as well as scarring only shows healing but is definitely not contagious and its disheartening that they treat us like we spread the infection which is not true as in case of active TB patients.

Thanks for posting your reply

Hi, I had TB in 2019 which was cured completely & In February 2022 while undergoing a medical fitness test for a residence visa they found an old scar on my lungs & declared me unfit. At this time I was single. The authorities asked me to leave the country they took my Iris's scan & fingerprints & imposed a permanent immigration ban. When I came back to my home country I did all the medical tests again, &  got a FIT medical certificate, and did attestation as per the UAE requirements. Now in 2023, I'm married Can I go to Dubai on a sponsor visa? Will the authorities stop me at airport immigration because I'm already banned from entering the country? & Can I work again if I'm allowed to enter? 

Unless you got the ban lifted, you won't be allowed to enter.

@XTang is there any way where I can lift the ban?

Here is the thing, you can come to the UAE on a spouse visa. The ban only matters if you want to work. Lifting is not a standard process and even then, it is lifted if an error was made. There was no error in your case.

@XTang Thank you for your reply.  As you said I can enter the country on a spouse visa even though I am banned, what documents do I need to show at the airport during immigration?

If you are outside, your spouse needs to apply for your visa and get MOH to lift the ban BEFORE you can enter.

@Heena Shaikh60 contact me ***

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, I had an old tb scar on my lungs from 8 yrs ago and I told them about the tb and treatment during the follow up visit at Muhaisna. They administered the sputum test (one visit) and a blood test and then I got the dependent visa, for a 1 yr visa with fit-follow up in the medical report. I'm guessing that I'll need to do another test after a year or maybe after 6 months, not sure. But just thought I'd share if it helps anyone who maybe worried and wondering what to say during the check up. I would suggest that you go with the truth as TB scars are quite distinctive and easy for a doc to make out.

I also had a conversation with as many staff as I could at the centre about getting a visa if you have had tb in the past and it was cured. And the staff there told me that for a dependent visa, if your tb was cured, and sputum test is clear,  you will get the 1 yr visa with requirement of medical check up every 6 months. One doctor also told me that after a year you can get 2 yr normal visa.

I wonder what will happen if I try and convert my dependent visa to work visa before completing a year. Fingers crossed. If anyone has information or experience about this. Do share. Hope my post helps.