Tenancy contract for Residence Visa in Dubai

Hello friends,

I am here after a long time. My new posts regarding the need of tenancy contract while applying for residence visa.

For several thousands of families living in shared accommodation in Sharjah, it was a serious blow before, with the Sharjah Naturalization and Residency Department requiring a copy of tenancy contract in the name of the applicant or his close relative, when applying for residency visas.

The contract is considered to be a proof of one's eligibility to afford a family, and needs to be attested by the Sharjah Municipality.

Similarly Dubai Emigration is also asking for tenancy contract according to latest information(not confirmed).

One of my friend went Emigration today for applying visa for his wife and kid.The emigration staff asked for the tenancy contract before issuing the visa and asked him to bring before collecting visa.

Since he already taken a flat in karama it became easy for him to come up with his tenancy contract.

But strange thing is we were not aware about the new regulation.

Please consider this as an information and have a proper inquiry regarding the requirements before u start.

i will update new information regarding the same once i receive.

Regards
Vyshak Anand

Hi Vyshak,

Many thanks for starting the blog on this serious issue, yes same i heard when few days back 1 of my friend went to apply for visa to immigration department they refuse to give him even TOKEN without showing the tenancy agreement luckily he already rented a place for his family in sharjah so next day he bring that agreement with him and got visa. T

The problem which i am facing is that i want to bring my wife and my wife uncle ( brother of his father ) is here. He is living with his family in dubai and i am living with them as they have 3 bed room apartment and my wife & i can easily share that room. But now after this rule how can i get visa in this case ?? i have to spend money to take my own flat which will be in sharjah coz i cannot afford in dubai, i am working in dubai living very near to my office so now i have to move sharjah .. hell i dunno what to do how can i get visa for my wife .. a BIg question mark ....

I hope there will be some option .. i wish ...

Ali

@ Hazard

its depends on how lucky you are. i heard its not a usual thing that they will ask for tenancy. Once if we show the tenancy contract it will be for 1 time.

A visa is for 2 years and tenancy contract might be for 1 year or less. I am not getting the fact of giving 1 year tenancy contract for two year visa.

So what once if tenancy contract expires after one year?

DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?

Everyone says "NO"

So your options are

1. Ask some of your bachelor friends / distant relatives having their own visa who is planning for a new flat to take same on your name.

2. Take a flat on your name and rent same flat for another tenant.Ask some agents whether they can help u in this.(Best Option)

These are legal ways i think. So many peoples are doing like this.

Hi Vyshak,

Thanks for the response, Yes you are right makes no sense anyways 1 of my friend also told me that if i can arrange salary certificate of around 8000 AED than he can arrange so lets see.

Also what if i rent a flat for SHORT TERM i mean for a month or 2 than does it goes with proper agreement and if yes than does it applicable for resident visa  ??

More question for you my friend, but i hope this discussion will help others like me who stuck in these rules and formalities.

Waiting to hear from you and other experienced readers.

Ali

HI again,

The rule also said that you have to provide tenancy agreement on your own name for resident visa OR you can submit same agreement of any of your close relative with NOC. So Now the question is what will be the criteria to that CLOSE RELATIVE.. ??

Ali

Hi Vyshak,

I AM STAYING IN DUBAI AND I HAVE ALREADY MY WIFE VISA. BUT RECENTLY MY WIFE IS IN INDIA BECAUSE OF DELIVERY , SO AFTER TWO MONTHS SHE WILL BE HERE WITH CHILD , SO IF I WANT TO ISSUE VISA FOR MY CHILD WILL DNRD ASK FOR TENANCY CONTRACT? AS RIGHT NOW I AM STAYING IN FAMILY SHARING ACCOMODATION, IS THIS RULE APPLICABLE FOR NEW APPLICATION ONLY? AS DURING MY WIFE VISA THEY DIDN'T ASK TENANCY CONTRACT , BUT FOR MY CHILD WILL THEY ASK TENANCY CONTRACT AS IT'S NEW APPLICATION ACCORDING TO NEW RECENT RULE OR THEY WILLL CONSIDER AS PER OLD RULE .CAN U PLEASE CLARIFY THIS QUERY URGENTLY,

Hi Rajivmankad,

I dont think that you require tenancy agreement again, yes but make sure that you have birth certificate of your child with attestation from foreign affair and UAE embassy of you country. after that you can apply same process which you did for you wife here in dubai.

Thanks,

Ali

Official Announcement of the rule regarding tenancy contract.

So from today onward Tenancy contract is mandatory for sponsoring family.

gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/visa/tenancy-contract-must-for-sponsoring-family-1.1008930

Urgently need your guidance, Actually i want to issue my wife residence visa, i have following documents:

1. Photographs (2) of my wife
2. Passport Copy of my wife
3. My passport copy.
4. My visa copy.
5. my salary certificate – my actual salary is AED: 7000 but i made letter on my company letterhead AED: 10,000
6. My Marriage Certificate – Attested by foreign affairs and dubai embassy from my country and also here in foreign affairs.
7. Tenancy Agreement – Only with Lessee and lessor signature, without stamp of Sharjah Municipality

Brother can u please guide me that is any thing is missing or incomplete.

Hope for your quick response.

I think you have almost all the documents ready from the list above. I think you need Municipality attestation & your labor contract.

hi! my husband is in dubai and wants to bring me there with him..but the imigration asking me to provide tenancy contract..unfortunately, i dont have any flat on my name im living with my cousin's flat..can you help me with this..Can you tell me another options? pls help me on this..need a reply as soon as possible..tnx much!

Today i went to apply for the Visa of my wife. Prepared application and all because i was not aware of the rules. When i went to apply , they have asked to bring the tenancy contract and Water and electricity bill as well. I am living in a shared accommodation with my friend, from where i will bring it... Helpless ...Stuck here and also i am newly married :(.....any suggestion??

Dear Friends,

You should obtain a tenancy contract and the dewa/sewa/fewa bills along with your marriage certificate attested.

before there were some real estate agents providing tenancy contract for cash in sharjah. But now the authorities are very strict on the procedures.

What you can do is arrange some cash and take an apartment on your name for the visa processing. After that give the flat to third party for leasing.

In Al Nadhda u will get studio/1 bhk which will be hot properties for AED 22000/24000 per month.

Give the same for rent to a third party for 2000 aed per month.

22000 per month?

Can you suggest me where is the nearest immigration in deira dubai? the immigration which is not so strict compared to others..thankyou and good day!

Is there any new rule for visit visa again,?

Hi! is there a new rule regarding husband visa? pls explain to me right away! tnx

Is it possible to use a  house contract in Ajman to apply for spouse residency visa in Sharjah?

post.email! I believe that you can use the tenancy contract of any other emirates! because I've personally seen people working in Dubai and sponsoring their parents/spouse on tenancy contracts of Sharjah/Ajman! :)

james.hamad wrote:

post.email! I believe that you can use the tenancy contract of any other emirates! because I've personally seen people working in Dubai and sponsoring their parents/spouse on tenancy contracts of Sharjah/Ajman! :)

James, thanks for the info.

Welcome! :D

This is certainly strange. but true has it is now confirmed that tenancy contract in order for the visa to the issue. It is always strange as to how DNRD comes up with such new regulation and complicate the visa rule further. I just hope that they put down this decision of there and simplify and streamline the visa process

I am waiting for answer from anyone for my above query. Also is it possible to bring my wife on tourist visa and then apply for family visa. After getting family visa does she need to fly back and come in again?

Thanks
Nirman

Hi All

I am new to Dubai , I got my residency visa done. Now I am planning to apply for family visa for my wife and kid.

I have the following documents along with passport xerox copies of my wife and kid.

1. Attested marriage certificate. (both embassy and external ministry)
2. Attested Birth Certificate of my son.
3. My attested degree certificate .
4. Labour contract.

Now I waould like to apply for Family visa but i thought of taking house on rent once I finalize the school for my son based on his admission.

Issue is can I apply for family visa without tenancy contract. My Salary is around 24k /month inclusive if HRA 10k.

Is this tenancy contract required for particular range or is there any option through which we can apply for family visa.

Appreciate your help to solve my problem.

Thanks
Nirman

am harun living in ghana now and would like to come to UAE this end of rahmadan but i would like to know how i can get a visit visa. i manage to get one of my friends whom i will stay with and take his address to apply for the visa but for about two weeks when i call his number it does not go through, so please i need some one to give me his address to apply for my visa and also help me get accomadation

muxaline wrote:

am harun living in ghana now and would like to come to UAE this end of rahmadan but i would like to know how i can get a visit visa. i manage to get one of my friends whom i will stay with and take his address to apply for the visa but for about two weeks when i call his number it does not go through, so please i need some one to give me his address to apply for my visa and also help me get accomadation

Visa is quite easy. You can apply through an Agent. I think it will cost $100~$150 for a 14day visa. If you are going to stay longer than 14 days, you can apply for a 30day visa which is more expensive ($300~$500) depending on the agents. The 30day visa can be extended.

Cheap accommodation is available depending on the city. There are bed spaces available in Sharjah for $10. I think Dubai might be a little more expensive. For budget hotel, try Riga Hotel near Baniyas square station.