Portuguese citizenship

So my wife has a Irish passport but I have a uk one, with the end of right to travel and settle in Europe can my wife apply to live in Portugal and have me as her dependant?

Hi Benbidddle,

I invite you to go through the Portugal expat guide, it might help you to find some more useful information.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Please read this:
https://www.sef.pt/en/Pages/conteudo-de … spx?nID=22

I've written in bold what I think is your case: you are a third country citizen (after december 2020) and intend to accompany a family member who is an EU/EEA/Switzerland citizen

These are the citizens who have a right to enter, remain and reside in Portugal:
- The Nationals of all European Union Member-States (EU) that travel or reside in Portugal, as well as their family members travelling or reunifying with them;
- The nationals of States party to the European Econom​ic Area, Principality of Andorra and Switzerland, as well as their family members;

> If you are an EU/EEA/Switzerland citizen and intend to stay in Portugal for a period exceeding three months, please apply for your ​REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE FOR EU/EEA/SWITZERLAND CITIZEN

> If you are an EU/EEA/Switzerland citizen and intend to accompany your family member who is also an EU/EEA/Switzerland citizen, during his / her stay in Portugal for a period exceeding three months, please apply for your REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE FOR AN EU/EEA/SWITZERLAND CITIZEN WHO IS A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU/EEA/SWITZERLAND CITIZEN

> If you are a third country citizen and intend to accompany a family member who is an EU/EEA/Switzerland citizen, during his / her stay in Portugal for a period exceeding three months, please apply for your RESIDENCE CARD FOR A THIRD COUNTRY NATIONAL WHO IS A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU/EEA/SWITZERLAND CITIZEN

The European Economic Area (EEA):
The EEA includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. It allows them to be part of the EU's single market. Switzerland is not an EU or EEA member but is part of the single market. This means Swiss nationals have the same rights to live and work in Portugal as other EEA nationals.

Fabulous thank you, I had hopped this was the case. This keeps the dream alive.
Best regards Ben

Thank you for the advice