Portal de Financas - Setting up for first time

I registered my digital key with Chave Movel in person with my Consulate and went to the Financas portal to set up access for the first time. I was told that there would be a temporary pin to use which was correct and then set my new pin. I then received an SMS with a confirmation code. I put in the confirmation code in and then it loaded for about a minute and then returned an error.

Are there any known issues with the portal? For example, should I be trying with a different browser (I used Chrome)? I just don't want to do too many attempts and get locked out. I tried one more time and another error was returned.

I downloaded the Chave Movel Digital app as well and put in my phone number and pin (from what was set up in person) but also came back incorrect.

Edit - Just trying lots of times made it work on desktop but in my profile I see that the Mobile Application is "inactive". I have the app and put in my number and my CMD (PIN) but still getting denied access in the app. Anyone else struggle with the mobile app?

Why don't you use your portal password instead of the digital mobile key?

Check out the FAQs on the digital mobile key here:

https://www.autenticacao.gov.pt/chave-m … frequentes

The portal is compatible with the most commonly used browsers, but your browser must be parameterised to support the use of Java applications.

Why don't you use your portal password instead of the digital mobile key?
Check out the FAQs on the digital mobile key here:
https://www.autenticacao.gov.pt/chave-m … frequentes

The portal is compatible with the most commonly used browsers, but your browser must be parameterised to support the use of Java applications.
-@JohnnyPT

I'm still waiting on the NIF password to be set up. I had a lawyer be my fiscal representative and he said you're supposed to receive the information by mail, but that hasn't come in so was trying to do the digital mobile key route for now.

I was able to get into the autenticaçao.gov page and the app it has but to be honest im a little bit confused about the difference between that and the Chave Movel Digital app. When I go into the AutenticaçaoGov app all it wants me to do is activate a digital mobile key. But, I already did that at the Consulate. For some reason, the CMD I set up though doesnt work on the Chave Movel app.

For the portal de financas, it never asks me to use the chave movel digital app. It has me input my phone number and CMD, then sends me an SMS and when I put that in I just get an error saying "Não foi possível efectuar a autenticação através do Certificado Digital. Por favor tente novamente."

I'll just wait on my NIF password at this point but maybe this thread will be helpful for someone in the future struggling to set up the Digital Mobile Key.

It's simple and works fine in Portugal with portuguese mobile phones. Abroad, I don't know because of how long it takes for the sms to arrive and the seconds you have to confirm the code...

When requesting or activating the Digital Mobile Key, you must associate a mobile phone number. Each Digital Mobile Key can only have one mobile phone number associated with it. The problem here is whether this works with non-Portuguese mobile phones....

When you need to authenticate yourself on the portaldasfinancas website, you'll use 2 authentication factors ( A+B ):

A. your mobile phone number and the PIN you set for your Digital Mobile Key

B. a 6-digit code that you receive via SMS, email or notification on your mobile phone. This code is unique and temporary, which means that it can only be used once, at the moment it is sent, and must be used within less than 1 minute. BUT if you have the Authentication.gov mobile app installed on that phone, you can use the app to scan your biometric data instead of entering the security code.

- If you have any doubts, you can consult the step-by-step guide to authentication with the Mobile Key here:

https://www.autenticacao.gov.pt/web/gue … tenticacao

I have exactly the same problem. Activated the digital key at the consulate and they said I should be fine. Were you able to sort this out in the end?

Mine didn't work after I got it;   now does.  No idea.

@Frank_CB no it never worked so i had my lawyer (my tax rep) request a NIF password by mail. Once I received that it worked.