Best place in Turkey to move to for young single expat?

Hi everyone! So I'm a young, single dude planning on moving to Turkey very soon, but I am trying to figure out which city would be best to meet and mingle with other young people, join the community (both local and expat alike). Just to preface, I won't be needing to get a job in Turkey, but am potentially looking to buy a small apartment.

Though I generally like the coast very much, am I right to assume that places like Antalya, Bodrum, and Fethiye attract mostly the older crowd (established families, retirees, and the like) or is this not the case?

I've also looked heavily at Izmir as well, which looks awesome but as I don't know much Turkish (yet!), am not sure if  that would be an issue if living there vs. a more international city like Istanbul (which I love, and am also open to)?

Anyways, thanks for your time in advance - any advice would be greatly appreciated on this! :D

Hi dakdog,

Thank you for your nice introduction.

First of all, i invite you to go through the Turkey Expat Guide, you may find some starting information on Turkey. It will definitely help you to have a better picture of the country.

While waiting for the members to contact you, please feel free to go through the topics already launched as you may find some valuable advice of our members.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hi!

I am a 30 year old single male who is in a similar situation. I will not be working and will be purchasing an apartment when I move to Fethiye in December. I already know that Fethiye primarily attracts expats who are retired and families looking to settle down. But that is not important to me, so it's not really a deciding factor. I don't think Bodrum is the best place of living year long.

However, it seems important to you. So, for you I would probably recommend Izmir or Istanbul!
It really varies from person to person, but if you don't mind the chaos of Istanbul, that would be your best bet.