Car buying from private person in Bulgaria

Hello, i am considering buying an used vehicle from a private person in Bulgaria, the problem is that i am located in Estonia and dont have time to fly to Bulgaria to get the car checked out and cant get in contact with the owner. Now the question is that are there any services by name in Bulgaria that can offer private car owner checkups and possibly delivery  to Estonia if everything checks out? Thanks!

Why would you buy a car you haven't seen from a complete stranger in an another country?

Did you even bother reading what my question was?
And to answer your question, its exactly what ive been looking for months

Rassu wrote:

Did you even bother reading what my question was?
And to answer your question, its exactly what ive been looking for months

Yes I did your question and good luck with your new car.

This sounds very difficult!

If you can't contact the owner, that's not going to make it any easier. :-)

Who would you give the money to? I think you'd soon see that you don't want to send the money to somebody / some company, who will look at the car for you.

Bulgaria car purchase involves a notary (probably not like Estonia which has loads of e-services, so a car transfer is probably is quick and easy), it's not just signing the registration document. Whoever represents you at the notary needs the money to pay, and a power of attorney. A valid power of attorney legalized at a Bulgarian Embassy. The POA needs all the info: buyer and seller info... and buyer's representative info... and car info... price.

If you were to send me 30,000 (or whatever it is) leva to buy the car for you, I'd probably just keep the cash. I think many Bulgarians would be similarly tempted.

Most (but not all) lawyers are trustworthy in BG. I have a good lawyer myself. But, again, even so, I'd be reluctant to send him 30,000 leva. Plus, there's a difference between asking the lawyer to represent you at the notary and complete the purchase... and asking him to check the car out for you. The former is lawyer stuff... the latter, not so much. :-)

Overall... I think it's either not possible (by which I mean not possible to ensure the integrity of the process and avoid getting ripped off)… or you have to find time and come over in person ('cos you can check the car to your satisfaction, and you can go to the notary in person).