Masks. Costa del sol

Is face mask compulsory in bars and spas.

Masks are compulsory in any area where a 2 metre social distance is likely to be breached.

Keith

Here is a good news report on why you should wear a mask:

https://www.khq.com/news/khq-investigat … 54032.html

I do believe in the social distance of 2 metres but not the face mask.   I do think the mask is a must for medics in a clinical setting but lay people are not qualified to deal with a mask.
I do believe in regular sanitizing the hands.
Thanks for the advice

Jimmy.  I am a pretty fit 80 year old, however if I contract the virus I am likely to die.

Believe me, a mask is not some high tech piece of gear. Anyone can do the 10 second ‘intensive course' of using one:

Here it is:   slip the elastic loops over your ears and the mask over your nose and mouth.  End of course !

Please respect people like me,  wear a mask. We prefer you don't make the choice for us, for whom it may be fatal !

Johncar

I would greatly respect your space and wear a mask and abide by the rules.
But I do think the layman's mask is not fullproof and wearing one gives you a false sense of security.
Whilst this virus is nasty to people over 60 with ailments it's quite kind to many creating no symptoms at all.
I do think the fear factor has set in and we have to put the virus into context.  Influenza each year is nasty for some.
Best of luck my friend.
In real life I am not a Jimmy.

As has been repeatedly stated here and elsewhere, the main benefit of the masks is not so much for the wearer, but for those around him or her. So for the common good, everyone needs to wear one, as it has been shown that the primary mode of transmission is via airborne aerosol particles originating from breathing.

I think that the masks have a secondary but important effect. It's very easy to forget that the situation isn't normal and the masks are a reminder.