A condo in Sapphire Beach Resort on Ambergris Caye

Hi, my name is Tim. Living in Northern California. I have never been to Belize. My brother has a condo on Ambergris Caye that he spends half the year. I am seriously considering retiring to Belize based on his report. I think I would like living  there  year round, but as I say I haven't even been there yet. I'm waiting on a passport and the travel restrictions lifting. So I'm already browsing real estate. Considering a condo in Sapphire Beach Resort on Ambergris Caye.  Anyone have any opinions or advice?    Is it too far away from town? Hope to learn from all your experiences. Thanks.

Dear Timfauth,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that a new thread has been created with your post in the Belize forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hello

Did you get any responses about your question about Saffire Beach?

No I have not. I am moving ahead and buying a one bedroom condo, sight unseen. Might not get to move until next year at that rate, hope for the best.

That's awesome! Have you been there before? Everything I read us it's far from town but that doesn't scare us. We are looking there as well.

Did you buy the one bedroom? Will you live there full time. I'm thinking of doing the same.

Yes. A one bedroom, closing in October if all goes as planned. Planning on full time, but as I haven't even visited yet, plans may change. And at this rate I may not get down their for another 6 or 7 months.

That is great, we are trying to get down there as well, so far planning Nov .