Sell cloth in Brazil.

Hello expert friends here. Good afternoon. Because of coronavirus most of the job is closed. I have new idea in my mind. I want to sell clothes door to door, it means I can stand on rodoviária or any other place to sell the clothes where people are more. Now I want to know that do I need any permission from Brazil government. Or no need? I need to sell something because I don't have money to eat. Have many problems without earnings. Give me advice. Forget to say that I was working in clothing store in Sao Paulo.

I understand.
If you have a work card then maybe. Cannot comment on registering a business/entrepreneur.
Now I know here, no. All vendors must be approved and sign a health certification. Which means mask, gloves, and sanitizers.

The " health police", municipal guard, stops all selling on corners. It also forbids the " jugglers" in the streets. All subject to fines. Those drivers that stop would need a mask if closer than allowed. One thing is we do not need a mask to drive, but if we stop or park, a mask is required.

Badol919 wrote:

Hello expert friends here. Good afternoon. Because of coronavirus most of the job is closed. I have new idea in my mind. I want to sell clothes door to door, it means I can stand on rodoviária or any other place to sell the clothes where people are more. Now I want to know that do I need any permission from Brazil government. Or no need? I need to sell something because I don't have money to eat. Have many problems without earnings. Give me advice. Forget to say that I was working in clothing store in Sao Paulo.

Hi,

Can I make a suggestion? How about selling espetinhos de carne in corners? People needs food in a hurry and would grab that food quickly to economize time. I mean people could smell that for a mile!
You don´t need to walk house to house and later get rejected. Food is irresistible. I know someone who makes R$8.000 of clean profit a month in NH where I live just selling that in a corner even at this Corona virus event. I have travelled a total now at present of 160 countries around the world and I never resisted food around corners to experience the economy, flavor and convenience. Go to Asian countries like Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, China, japan, Cambodia, etc and you find this happening at little corners. Even in Paris, Budapest, Prague etc. Rodoviária? Even better because of the food traffic. You cook don´t you? All you need is a marinated meat in bamboo or wood skewers, charcoal, a lighter, barbecue grill and patience...

Go inform at the prefeitura if you can have a permission to sell along the rodoviaria (best location) and how you can register to have a "micro empresa" (MEI) or small business.

robal

Thanks texanbrazil and robal for reply. Let me share my idea. I was working in clothing store . But because of coronavirus my boss closed the shop. I wanted for short time. I have a little money like 1000 reais. I wanted buy some camiseta or blusa feminina. And I will put it into my back bag. I will stand where are more people. And try to sell it. If I can earn daily 30-40 reais then in this situation I can live and eat. For this I have a Idea. I will not stand in same place everyday.

I wish you luck.
If your employer's shop did not make it work with displays and visible for shoppers, it may be difficult to sell out of a backpack.
You really need to think about that business plan. Moving all the time, no great display. weather, and costs.
Really like Robal's idea. What you can't sell you can eat.

Badol919 wrote:

Thanks texanbrazil and robal for reply. Let me share my idea. I was working in clothing store . But because of coronavirus my boss closed the shop. I wanted for short time. I have a little money like 1000 reais. I wanted buy some camiseta or blusa feminina. And I will put it into my back bag. I will stand where are more people. And try to sell it. If I can earn daily 30-40 reais then in this situation I can live and eat. For this I have a Idea. I will not stand in same place everyday.

If you really like selling clothes then be it. Start small like 10 pieces first that maybe you can sell for a day. Is your supplier reliable and cheap and where you can buy quickly without prior notice? "Vendedores ambulantes" don´t need a permission from the prefeitura here in Novo Hamburgo. It must be the same in São Paulo.

robal

Yes robal like ten piece or 20 piece. I will keep in my bag . If I can sell daily 10 piece then it will be enough for me. I hope I can sell. Because I will sell with promoção. In Loja this same clothes will be 10 or 5 reais more. I have confidence. I was worried that if police forbidden me for it. But if police forbidden me then I will stop it. It's because of pendamic situation.

Thanks

Badol919 wrote:

Yes robal like ten piece or 20 piece. I will keep in my bag . If I can sell daily 10 piece then it will be enough for me. I hope I can sell. Because I will sell with promoção. In Loja this same clothes will be 10 or 5 reais more. I have confidence. I was worried that if police forbidden me for it. But if police forbidden me then I will stop it. It's because of pendamic situation.

Thanks

As long as you wear a mask, I don´t see any problem at all. Unless of course São Paulo is in lockdown and only the essentials like food (supermarkets), gas stations and banks are allowed to open. Too bad you´re too far away. I pay diaristas R$120 a day and food is included. Have you thought about doing that in São Paulo? You only clean the house or cook or both. Good luck!

robal

Thanks for your kind robal. I live in indaiatuba. I will try to earn small to eat. I hope everything will be okay soon. Thanks again. Happy with you.

Here in Manaus, some of the Venezuelan refugees try to make a living selling piece goods on the street.  They seem to concentrate on hand towels and kitchen towels, items that aren't fitted. 
Selling clothing, you might find it a good idea to include some children's sizes in your stock:  people may be a little more flexible on size with a child, assuming that she'll grow into a shirt that's a little big now.
Good luck!

Thanks abtthree, I will start it soon. I hope I will never be failed. I can do something myself. Because I have confidence and energy to do hardwork.