Federal Police registration

Hi all.  I am a student and will be on an internship in Bauru, Sao Paulo for a period of two months.  I already have my visa, but am having trouble to fill the form of the police register on the website.  I had already filled one but apparently one of the address fields got automatically changed to another city.  I had printed the form, with the unknown mistake, and have since been trying to redo the process without success (every time I submit, it keeps telling me there is an error and to retry again later).  Any insight on how to solve the problem?

Thank you

Hi gamalbundo,

No big deal, if the website won't accept the changes just complete everything as it is. When you got to the Federal Police to register then tell them about the error and that you couldn't correct it. They will straigten it out in their system.

What city got entered on your forms? Perhaps it really isn't an error, everything is cheek to jowl in Metropolitan São Paulo and you may actually be in the city noted.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi james
i have found that dealing with anything Brazilian government website's, it's always been best for me to use Mozilla Firefox
Ive tried using the others and always had problems, with errors when trying to fill out the form's

Mozilla Firefox works just fine for filling out the forms, and for checking information on the webpages, however the website for both the Federal Police and the Ministry of Justice "Consulta Processo" will ONLY WORK with Internet Explorer.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi mate
ive always found it the other way, but maybe its something wrong with me computer

Hi James, thanks for the info.

It is quite an error unfortunately, cause I had entered Bauru, and when there was the redirection, the form automatically changed to Adamantina, which is considerably more north east, although same state of course.

Just tried Internet explorer (I don't have firefox) and the form was generated first time...thanks for the tip!

I had the same problem with the city automatically changing to Adamantina. I started again with a new form. This didn`t cause any problems with my process at the Polícia Federal.

Unfortunately, many government websites are not designed for users !

Hi there Rob
Peter from Iguaba Grande, in the state of Rio
I had loads of problems when in England trying to salt things out on the Brazilian website's
I could not use IE and found FireFox the only way that would work
I applied for my permanent visa some 5 weeks to go, but had to have 2 go's in 2 different citys
but got there in the end