Living in Beziers

My partner and I are hoping to move to southern France within the next year. We are interested in Beziers. What I read there are mixed reviews about the city. I was hoping to connect with someone who can give a clear picture of living in Beziers. What are the positives and negatives? What neigborhoods are good and to be avoided? Where can one rent for about $600 with a small dog? So many questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Good morning and welcome to our forum.

I hope you enjoy it.

You might already find a lot of answers to your questions by reading:
- Guides published by the site under the "discover" tab
- Old discussions that you can even filter through the magnifying glass located next to your avatar.

Most of your questions have already been debated many times.

Thank you. My concern is the posts are old and I know, based on research, things have changed in Beziers. Was hoping to get current info.

Hi there, I'm due to move to Boujan-sur-libron in March and wondered if you'd ended up moving to Béziers and had found an English speaking community. It would be great to learn from your experience of making the move. Thanks! Alice

Not sure how old this thread is but my french partner and i are currently staying between Agde (about twenty minutes drive away) and the Dordogne so go to Beziers regularly and would have no problem moving there permanently. Its got its rougher areas as with all cities but as a whole it got a lot going for it and has some nice historical areas along with the added benefit of industries other more rural/seasonal towns are lacking.

I have never lived or even been to Béziers, but please beware of the fact that that town has had a far right mayor fsince 2014 and that it's often talked about in the national news for outrageous decisions he makes. That mayor has been reelected in 2020 by nearly 69% of the voters, so that kind of gives you a sense of the kind of mentality you can be exposed to.
Again, I have never been there, but frankly, from what I read about it, I feel absolutely no desire to.

Hi we are hoping to move over to Béziers France in the summer and thinking of using pleasehelp to help us with everything needed,  just wondering if anyone had used them before or had any tips for us?