Speaking English

We are a couple (30 and 32 years old) of French and we are looking for people to practice our English close to Narbonne or Béziers.
Of course we can help expat to speak French.

Do you know some association that permit exchange between expat and French?

Thanks!

Hello,

Well, I know that there is a little commercial activity in Montpelier, bringing people together to practice speaking the two languages - but that is quite far from you. Is it Narbonne or Béziers?

I live in Thezan les Béziers. I am actually Norwegian but everyone there speaks good English because we have to. There are so few people in the world speaking our language :-)

Cordialement

Samuel

Hello,
We have a couple of groups in Sète, if you like:
- Thursday mornings 9:30-11:00 Brasserie le Victor Hugo
- "Sailor's club" meets for "bring some food to share" lunch, 1st Wednesday of each month (except this January, it's the 10th), 42 Grande Rue Haute
- Monday and Thursday hikes: see the Facebook group AOCSete

Hi,

thank you for your answer! In fact we live in Nissan so between Narbonne and Béziers it's quite the same for us!

Concerning your proposal in Sete, it's interesting, quite far from me, but I will check the events!

Thanks

Benoît

Hi Julie and Bin,

Sounds nice. You seem to have organized yourselves well in Séte. Unfortunately, it is one hour each way from where I live, so would not be very practical for me. Such a pity. Sounds fun.

Samuel

Hi Bin 12,  :D

I have come across your request to find Expats in the region to practice your English with.  We are an Expat family located just outside the Narbonne area/region ...... Are you both still seeking friends to have language exchange with ???  Perhaps we could help???  :)

Regards
Felicity

Hey Felicity,

Sorry for my mate answer!

We are stil looking friends to discuss un english and to help on French if necessary!

Si if you are motivated we can plan to drink a coffee or a beer !

See you soon

Benoit

Hi Bin, :)

Thanks for your note.

Yeh no problems to help practise English.  Is there anything in particular you are wishing to practise or learn in English??   For example  workplace English, holiday English, main day to day English???  Please advise and I will see what I can do??

As for meeting up, no worries, please advise when is convenient for you.

Kind regards
Felicity :cool::top:

Hey,

I haven't any precise goal. To be honest, it's more to practice. My level is not very good (my wife is better than me) but I appreciate to discuss in English and if I can help to speak French I will be happy to do it.

So if you have time to discuss, please let us know, we will meet you with pleasure!

Hi Felicity, I tried to send you a private message, maybe you did not receive it!
Do you have some availability next week end to drink with my wife and me? in Narbonne?

See you

Hi Bin12,

I live in Narbonne with my husband and two kids. We have been in France for 8 years but only in Narbonne for a few months (originally from London), so are always looking for people to meet and chat with. Feel free to message me if you are coming to Narbonne and we will be happy to meet you for a coffee.

Hi! My husband (42) and I (38) just moved to Narbonne, from the Netherlands. We both speak English and my husband would like to practice his French (beginner's level). So maybe we could meet sometime? Best wishes, Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

Welcome in the area!!
It could be great to discuss around a glass in Narbonne or during a walk in the area! We will be glad to help your husband to speak french!
If you want, we are available this weekend!

See you!