Need info on Inactive Bank Accounts with CSOB

Hello.

I left the Czech Republic but still have a bank account with CSOB. I want to close it but the process is too expensive and time consuming from outside the country. I've contacted the bank many times and they are not clear with the information.

What happens if I stop using my bank account and not close it? Will they still keep charging me a maintenance fee? Or does the balance remain as is, the account going inactive/dormant?

Will it cause me problems if I just leave my account as it is? If I just stop using it and don't close it?

Hi kit,

Found your question when searching for an answer myself. Have you found a way to solve it, or did you end up draining the account and leaving it there.

Hi both,
I have a similar situation with Unicredit. I got to send them a letter with all the info they were requesting to close my account, and when they received it, they said it needed an Apostille. So it's still open, charging me every month :/
The only way I think there is, is with an Apostille letter stating all the information about your products with them - without passwords and pins, of course. Problem is, with the pandemic and being in another foreign country myself, I have no idea how and where to get that Apostille nowadays. But if you're already in your home country or you speak the language fluently, I'm sure you'll be able to make it happen. Good luck with that!