COVID-19 and expatriation in Hungary

fluffy2560 wrote:

Mrs Fluffy tried to post a letter to the UK today and they refused to take any letters bound for the UK. 

Apparently postal services for letters to there are currently suspended.

Parcels are probably still OK (MPL, UPS, DHL etc) as cargo flights are still going there.

World turned upside down.
I hear this sort of insanity and try to put myself in the place of those many years ago who waited months and even years to hear from loved ones. It is all about your heart  and good intentions .
Those you care about understand things are not normal but it does not mean you do not care
I am known by those who really know me as a caring person but I have made peace for the most part knowing the world is so crazy right now, I may or my not see my son in person again in this lifetime. He knows we care and that should be enough.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Mrs Fluffy tried to post a letter to the UK today and they refused to take any letters bound for the UK. 

Parcels are probably still OK (MPL, UPS, DHL etc) as cargo flights are still going there.

Post from mainland Europe to the UK and Ireland are suspended. DHL etc have also stoped. UPS you can but only with the premium service.

SimCityAT wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Post from mainland Europe to the UK and Ireland are suspended. DHL etc have also stoped. UPS you can but only with the premium service.

That's terrible.  Is it part of Macron's Brexit fish revenge or is really about the COVID19 variant? 

Incoming to the UK surely would not be a problem.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

That's terrible.  Is it part of Macron's Brexit fish revenge or is really about the COVID19 variant? 

Its a bit of everything I guess.

SimCityAT wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Its a bit of everything I guess.

Should have taken the opportunity to call Macron and Merkel,  the Mackerel Twins.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

World turned upside down.
I hear this sort of insanity and try to put myself in the place of those many years ago who waited months and even years to hear from loved ones. It is all about your heart  and good intentions .
Those you care about understand things are not normal but it does not mean you do not care
I am known by those who really know me as a caring person but I have made peace for the most part knowing the world is so crazy right now, I may or my not see my son in person again in this lifetime. He knows we care and that should be enough.

The letter was actually to my dear 96 year old Daddio.    So he'll have to wait for that - if he can.  At that age, one has to wonder about the next day never mind in a few years time.

You will of course see your son Marilyn. These times will pass eventually.  It'll be over but I think  it will be a couple of years before it stabilises.  I think our COVID19 status will be accessible to the authorities whenever we travel.  In my own country, they are thinking of dragging up ID cards again and I see the Spanish are going to have a database of non-vaccinated persons accessible within the EU.   Great.

News on EHIC and GHIC cards for UK citizens:

EHIC remain valid until expiry

Any ideas how to get my long-term but nonmarried partner visit me (from Germany)?

I see that medical appointments are an exception, could we book a random appointment maybe?

I see that the #LoveIsNotTourism campaign unfortunately didn't really live in Hungary :(

First remark would be why did you not marry? Long term? Where is the commitment?

Consider me as an ***hole, but I am conservative.
To me non-married couples accross countries should not be together, if however they would like to get married even in these times there should be facilities,

After all Hungary is a catholic country (I am not catholic myself (protestant) but I respect marriage), gays, unmarried couples. other scenarios will have a difficult life here (and I agree even if it sounds harsh)

Honestly, it did not seem necessary as it just as a formality to us, but we are considering it.

cdw057 wrote:

First remark would be why did you not marry? Long term? Where is the commitment?

To me non-married couples accross countries should not be together, if however they would like to get married even in these times there should be facilities,

Not very relevant to the OP's question.

Who cares if they are married or not?!

rip_kirby wrote:

Honestly, it did not seem necessary as it just as a formality to us, but we are considering it.

Call me old fashioned but I too believe in marriage.
Perhaps because I am a child of divorce when no one we knew had divorced parents.
I know it will make it easier t bring your partner to Hungary if things are legal.
I have been married, Legally for 43 years to the same person, we did live together for about 3 years beforehand though.
My son a dual citizen of US and HU married 2 times because both of his wives were not American and they wanted to live in the US. One was Hungarian and his current wife is Japanese.
He now lives in Japan with her and has many rights as her married husband that he wouldn't have if not legally married.
Anyways with the C-19 vax, I just read that the Pfizer doses sent to Hungary are large enough for vaxiing 6 people. Maybe that's a good thing, if there is a bad reaction it will be diluted by 6?
My sister so far seems OK with her first round of Maderna vax but I've seen online a few people with horrible reactions.

rip_kirby wrote:

I am not sure they would know you were married or not anyway.  You could just say you were married. 

Maybe more important is having the COVID19 test.

fluffy2560 wrote:
cdw057 wrote:

I  know they say the except civil partnerships here but it is eaiser if it is legal. I know immigration gave us such a hassle over a paper that was slow arriving that we had to remarry in  Hungary in the marriage bureau in city hall in Hungary.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
rip_kirby wrote:

Call me old fashioned but I too believe in marriage.
Perhaps because I am a child of divorce when no one we knew had divorced parents.
I know it will make it easier t bring your partner to Hungary if things are legal.
I have been married, Legally for 43 years to the same person, we did live together for about 3 years beforehand though.
My son a dual citizen of US and HU married 2 times because both of his wives were not American and they wanted to live in the US. One was Hungarian and his current wife is Japanese.
He now lives in Japan with her and has many rights as her married husband that he wouldn't have if not legally married.
Anyways with the C-19 vax, I just read that the Pfizer doses sent to Hungary are large enough for vaxiing 6 people. Maybe that's a good thing, if there is a bad reaction it will be diluted by 6?
My sister so far seems OK with her first round of Moderna vax but I've seen online a few people with horrible reactions.

Marriage is not really very relevant in today's world.   In my own country, more babies are born out of wedlock than in it.  And who cares? And having a marriage sanctified by a religious institution (aka organised crime gangs), who gave them permission to interfere in anyone's life about anything, never mind inter person relations?

Mrs Fluffy has kept her own name and I'm OK with that, not that I have a say.   She's her own person and has her own identity.   Our kids though do have my family name, mainly because it's less explaining at the border and continuity.  Mrs Fluffy has been questioned over whose kids they are but the kids are plenty vocal about who Mum and Dad are to put any doubt out of anyone's mind.   

We only got married because of stupid issues over UK nationality laws and how they applied to our kids (these laws have now been rescinded - same laws would also allow Donald Trump to be British).

BTW, saw the Sinovac (Chinese) vaccine is just over 50% effective. Barely passes acceptability.     Only reactions I've heard of is for people with allergies.  All is well reported on mainstream media.

The worst thing I've heard is "vaccine passports" being introduced.  Only institution I trust to administer that is the WHO.   Certainly not the EU.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
cdw057 wrote:

I  know they say the except civil partnerships here but it is eaiser if it is legal. I know immigration gave us such a hassle over a paper that was slow arriving that we had to remarry in  Hungary in the marriage bureau in city hall in Hungary.

Old bureaucratic system would demand that.  But the new way is to embrace more equality. 

I cannot say Fidesz is doing much for equality - free minivans, over 4 kids and no tax for women, pushing religion at everyone.   Highly discriminatory baby factory bribery.   I don't know if people have noticed a sudden increase in church buildings.   We've got one near us that has sprung up recently.  Never seen anyone using it. 

I won't go into if being an atheist is a belief system akin to a religious belief.

I received a "propaganda" e-mail which looks like it came from kormany.hu (gov.hu).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Information on COVID-19 vaccinations

Dear Sir / Madam!

On December 26, the first coronavirus vaccine was administered in Hungary. Since then, vaccinations have been administered according to the vaccination plan. First, healthcare workers can get the vaccine at hospital vaccines, tens of thousands of whom have already taken advantage of the opportunity. In recent days, vaccinations have also begun in nursing homes, especially those exposed to the infection. The goal is for those living and working here to get protection as soon as possible. That alone means more than a thousand institutions.

Hungary has so far ordered almost 20 million doses of vaccine from various international manufacturers. Joint EU procurement is carried out by the Brussels authorities, but the government is in intensive negotiations with several manufacturers to make more vaccines available. Currently, vaccines from two manufacturers (Pfizer, Moderna) are officially licensed and have started shipping vaccines to European countries, including Hungary. For both vaccine types, two vaccinations are required for protection.

More than one million Hungarian citizens have already registered to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, which shows that many people want to take advantage of the opportunity. The vaccine is the most effective tool in our hands against the coronavirus. Therefore, please encourage your family and friends to register as well! We will notify you of any further information regarding the vaccination.

Let's take care of each other!

Regards:
Coronavirus Information Center

fluffy2560 wrote:

I received a "propaganda" e-mail which looks like it came from kormany.hu (gov.hu).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Information on COVID-19 vaccinations

Dear Sir / Madam!

On December 26, the first coronavirus vaccine was administered in Hungary. Since then, vaccinations have been administered according to the vaccination plan. First, healthcare workers can get the vaccine at hospital vaccines, tens of thousands of whom have already taken advantage of the opportunity. In recent days, vaccinations have also begun in nursing homes, especially those exposed to the infection. The goal is for those living and working here to get protection as soon as possible. That alone means more than a thousand institutions.

Hungary has so far ordered almost 20 million doses of vaccine from various international manufacturers. Joint EU procurement is carried out by the Brussels authorities, but the government is in intensive negotiations with several manufacturers to make more vaccines available. Currently, vaccines from two manufacturers (Pfizer, Moderna) are officially licensed and have started shipping vaccines to European countries, including Hungary. For both vaccine types, two vaccinations are required for protection.

More than one million Hungarian citizens have already registered to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, which shows that many people want to take advantage of the opportunity. The vaccine is the most effective tool in our hands against the coronavirus. Therefore, please encourage your family and friends to register as well! We will notify you of any further information regarding the vaccination.

Regards:

Interesting.
Our GP called us up to ask if we wanted a flu shot.
Not at this time, thank you very much.
I've given up my wine because of this vax stuff.
I'm sure it is best now to get one's self in a state of detox because the old liver is going to be in  over drive after shots are given.
So far my sister seems just fine with her first shot of Maderna but she is tough, a lot physically tougher then most people half her age. She had a hip replacement last year and did the entire recovery at hme by herself with no help. Even handled her dogs post surgery by herself.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Regards:

Interesting.
Our GP called us up to ask if we wanted a flu shot.
Not at this time, thank you very much.
I've given up my wine because of this vax stuff.
I'm sure it is best now to get one's self in a state of detox because the old liver is going to be in  over drive after shots are given.
So far my sister seems just fine with her first shot of Moderna but she is tough, a lot physically tougher then most people half her age. She had a hip replacement last year and did the entire recovery at hme by herself with no help. Even handled her dogs post surgery by herself.

One of the Mrs Fluffy relatives said that the take up on registration for the COVID shot is really low so they are shouting about it more.  Radio virologist said to get herd immunity, it needs 60% to be given the COVID vaccine.   

Back in the UK, my 96 year old Dad has not been called for his shot and he lives in an apartment building which is essentially sheltered accommodation. I've had to write to his MP (Member of Parliament) asking why they aren't there doing the whole building.  People in the UK are really complaining if they aren't getting called.  Everyone is very enthusiastic to get  back to some normality. No-one there is getting the Sinovac or Russian Sputnik vaccine and the main others are all approved.   

Over there in the UK, they are reaching up to 500,000 vaccinations a DAY with an aim of doing all vulnerable people by April 2021!  Despite the criticisms of the government there, the rate of vaccination in the UK is massively high compare to around here.   They are past about 2.3M shots done.  And soon it'll be 24/7 continuous operations.   

I wouldn't worry about your liver, you should get the flu shot.   Better safe than sorry. It would only take C19 and this season's flu to somehow join forces and we'd really be suffering and the death toll even higher.

Real flu is truly horrible.   I've had it twice over the years and and it put me out of action for about 2 weeks minimum - one week of the actual flu and  one week to recover.  I thought I was going to die, it was that bad.

Our neighbour had a hip replacement and within about 2 weeks I saw him riding a bike! My hip is getting dodgy so I could end up the same way.   I believe they really encourage you to get active immediately after hip surgery.  I guess load bearing exercises encourages the bones and metal to knit together.  Seems to be almost routine these days to have hip replacements.   Could be a cyborg!

NEWS FLASH... My husband just read online that Mr. O wants to give the Chinese version of the C-19 shot to those here over age 60!!
( Could this be the Great culling?)
Suppose if need be we will just buy our own shot.
I'm hoping to be last in line but then again I'm sure sooner or later if you don't get a vax you will never be allowed in public again.

BTW, quick update.   

Word is that O1G wants everyone to have the Chinese vaccine.  Probably why I got the love letter from the government.

With only marginal 50% effectiveness overall on the Sinovac version, I can see why no-one trusts that one!  It's no better than just rolling the dice.   

News report on fast tracking the Chinese vaccine  here.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

NEWS FLASH... My husband just read online that Mr. O wants to give the Chinese version of the C-19 shot to those here over age 60!!
( Could this be the Great culling?)
Suppose if need be we will just buy our own shot.
I'm hoping to be last in line but then again I'm sure sooner or later if you don't get a vax you will never be allowed in public again.

Haha, snap! I was writing my reply when you posted yours.  Great minds!

I don't understand why people are against the vaccine?

SimCityAT wrote:

I'd like to know exactly what they are shoving up my system.
We all know they are spraying the air with heavy metals.
The water is filled with all sorts of garbage, food is filled with GMO's just one more tiny nail in the coffin with a shot to overload the system for some people.
If gov. had a history of caring about people then perhaps we would be more open about them jabbing us with whatever will finish off the depopulation job.
Georgia guide stones comes to mind.Bring the world population down to  a manageable number of 500 million.

SimCityAT wrote:

It's like Marilyn says but not for the same reasons.

No-one trusts the Chinese or the Russians to have produced vaccines that are to Western standards of testing.  Not when there are clear alternatives.  Russians are particularly untrusted by the older age groups who were vaccinated in communist times. Individuals were not valued.  Just history and rather justifiable suspicions.   

They are introducing a decree to get around the public procurement rules to purchase the vaccine  from China.  There will be no scrutiny.  Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Word on the street is O1G is gambling with the population's future health so he can claim he's doing something.  Recently he said, "I am not the virus".  Of course, everyone fell off their chairs laughing at that statement.

If O1G and all the O1G apparatchiks others are up there on TV being vaccinated with the Chinese and Russian vaccines there might be less resistance.  Of course, no-one will believe they are getting those vaccines.  They'll think it'll be the Western ones dressed up in Chinese/Russian boxes.

Not trying to fearmonger.  If someone phoned me and said Astra/Zeneca, Moderna or Pfizer vaccines are awaiting me we'd be there in a second.  Russian/Chinese the Fluffy family will wait.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

It's like Marilyn says but not for the same reasons.

No-one trusts the Chinese or the Russians to have produced vaccines that are to Western standards of testing.  Not when there are clear alternatives.  Russians are particularly untrusted by the older age groups who were vaccinated in communist times. Individuals were not valued.  Just history and rather justifiable suspicions.   

They are introducing a decree to get around the public procurement rules to purchase the vaccine  from China.  There will be no scrutiny.  Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Word on the street is O1G is gambling with the population's future health so he can claim he's doing something.  Recently he said, "I am not the virus".  Of course, everyone fell off their chairs laughing at that statement.

If O1G and all the O1G apparatchiks others are up there on TV being vaccinated with the Chinese and Russian vaccines there might be less resistance.  Of course, no-one will believe they are getting those vaccines.  They'll think it'll be the Western ones dressed up in Chinese/Russian boxes.

Not trying to fearmonger.  If someone phoned me and said Astra/Zeneca, Moderna or Pfizer vaccines are awaiting me we'd be there in a second.  Russian/Chinese the Fluffy family will wait.

I'm more likely to believe these so called, "Leaders" world wide are being shot up with something from Dr.Feelgood rather then any vax the public will be getting.
Off topic but it makes me think  of my US Army medic father during his tour in S. Pacific during WW11. He had his little medical kit with him in the field. Every so often his would help himself to a shot or two.
Totally all feelgood shots!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I'm more likely to believe these so called, "Leaders" world wide are being shot up with something from Dr.Feelgood rather then any vax the public will be getting.
Off topic but it makes me think  of my US Army medic father during his tour in S. Pacific during WW11. He had his little medical kit with him in the field. Every so often his would help himself to a shot or two.
Totally all feelgood shots!

Not surprised. He must have seen some real horrors out there in the field.  Maybe he even had PTSD.   A lot of those Viet Nam movies show people stoned to cope with their situation.   Feel sorry for those who went through all that.

My own Dad was not on the front line but some way back from the front as he was repairing tanks and vehicles that were out of action or could be fixed.   He still saw his fair share of death and destruction he said.  Odd thing to me is that the WW2 generation never really talks about it much.  I suppose don't want to relive the time.  I find I have to catch my Dad at the right moment to get a bit of a gem of information but it's all in snippets and hard to put together.   COVID19 isn't helping with making the most of his remaining time with us.   Grrr....

I can hear the call of the wild...the dog wants me....must be anti-COVID19 walkies time!

BBC article this morning tackles anti-Russian/Chinese vaccine views:

Coronavirus: Hungary first in EU to approve Russian vaccine

Bet O1G didn't see that resistance coming.

Latest "info" from the HU government (as e-mailed directly to me)
---------

The government has decided to negotiate the purchase of other vaccines (Russian and Chinese) in addition to the purchase of vaccines in Brussels. This is because vaccines ordered by Brussels arrive much slower than necessary, based on experience to date. Delays in shipments have sparked protests in several European countries.

In the meantime, the Hungarian pharmaceutical authority has authorized two new vaccines (the Astra-Zeneca-Oxford and the Russian Sputnik vaccine).

Of course, the most important principle is the health of the Hungarian people. Doctors can only vaccinate with a vaccine that is found to be safe and effective by the Hungarian health authorities and approved.

The vaccination program with the received and approved vaccines has been going on continuously in Hungary for weeks. First, health care workers and those living in nursing homes can be vaccinated. After them, our older compatriots, including those over the age of 89, can be vaccinated in the first round.

We will be notified of any further developments regarding the vaccination.

Regards:

I heard the latest way to get a PCR test is , Hold your hat or should I say hold your breath, rectally!!
They have been doing this for a few months in China.
Coming soon to your nearest airport?
This is for people who had Covid and are testing negative with a throat or nostril PCR test, they are giving the old college try and going anal on everyone!
I wish I was making this up!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I heard the latest way to get a PCR test is , Hold your hat or should I say hold your breath, rectally!!
They have been doing this for a few months in China.
Coming soon to your nearest airport?
This is for people who had Covid and are testing negative with a throat or nostril PCR test, they are giving the old college try and going anal on everyone!
I wish I was making this up!

I suppose it's one way.   

Delivering medicines by suppository is one of the fastest way to get something into the blood stream.  That's why they favour that method for babies.   

It's long been the case that they measure drug use by sampling sewage waste.  Obviously drug residue will go into the waste system after processing in the body.   I believe they were measuring population infections for COVID at one point.  Perhaps it's the fastest way to get a test as well. 

Are we sure this isn't a QAnon/Trumpian wind up? 

There are regularly plot "twist" in alien abduction movies that anal probes are used to investigate humans.  Twist is used I think to elicit disgust at the evil aliens in the majority of the population.

But then again, some people might be only too keen to be hired for the job.

STOP PRESS......

Hungary becomes the first country in the EU to approve a COVID-19 vaccine from China

Wondering if this will improve the uptake. 

Efficacy seems much lower than desired (according to an undated report on Deutsche Welle) so perhaps it won't make any difference to the HU campaign to get people vaccinated.   There are two Chinese vaccines - Sinovac and Sinopharm.  Sinopharm is the HU approved one.

Perhaps some people will sign up because they say they've approved it.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Delivering medicines by suppository is one of the fastest way to get something into the blood stream.  That's why they favour that method for babies.

The reason suppositories are favored for babies is not really due solely to the rapidity of getting the medication to the blood stream. Here are some more relevant medical facts:

https://healthhearty.com/suppository-for-babies

This post if for all future readers of this topic, so they can be properly informed of facts, and not misinformed by erroneous comments made here.

Taltos167 wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

The reason suppositories are favored for babies is not really due solely to the rapidity of getting the medication to the blood stream. Here are some more relevant medical facts:

https://healthhearty.com/suppository-for-babies

This post if for all future readers of this topic, so they can be properly informed of facts, and not misinformed by erroneous comments made here.

Nah, it's not erroneous. Having got a number of kids, I can safely say I know something about babies. 

I did take the time to look at the link and stopped reading on the first page where it says "When the babies are very small, say of few months, they are unable to take medicines orally. Suppository for babies are the best option as they are safe and effective".

And of course any mucous covered membrane in an orifice would also be effective with adults but with babies, it's an easy and obvious choice to get rapid and effective delivery.  Delivery is slower orally but one could put it under one's tongue.  Not a good choice for babies. 

Perhaps the best way forward is for a self-check of your own anal canal and report back.  You should find the tissue is relatively thin there which of course helps with rapid absorption of drugs.  Use a flashlight and a mirror to check it out or get a friend to help you.  It might be a good idea to publish the results on social media - perhaps even YouTube to help others out.  Or even Grindr.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Nah, it's not erroneous. Having got a number of kids, I can safely say I know something about babies. 

I did take the time to look at the link and stopped reading on the first page where it says "When the babies are very small, say of few months, they are unable to take medicines orally. Suppository for babies are the best option as they are safe and effective".

And of course any mucous covered membrane in an orifice would also be effective with adults but with babies, it's an easy and obvious choice to get rapid and effective delivery.  Delivery is slower orally but one could put it under one's tongue.  Not a good choice for babies.

For all future readers of this forum, it is important to know that Fluffy2560 is not a doctor, and "having a number of kids" is not the same as being a registered and licensed health professional.

For the facts, and what is the best way to administer medication to your child, I recommend consulting your doctor, not Fluffy2560.

Taltos167 wrote:

For all future readers of this forum, it is important to know that Fluffy2560 is not a doctor, and "having a number of kids" is not the same as being a registered and licensed health professional.

For the facts, and what is the best way to administer medication to your child, I recommend consulting your doctor, not Fluffy2560.

No, I'm not a doctor of medicine.  Never said I was. 

But having kids is worthwhile practical experience especially when you take the sprog to the Docs and they prescribe medicines in that form.  You can tell which end they go by the shape and they are usually relatively slippery  in a sealed foil pack.  Packaged for easy insertion. 

How many kids do you have and how old are they?  If no kids, perhaps we could substitute an alternative?  Would you accept an animal based suppository?

I was hoping we'd get a report on your anal canal inspection.   I'm disappointed. 

Anyway, we came here about COVID19 testing in China using "anal probes" so maybe we should stick to that topic.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I was hoping we'd get a report on your anal canal inspection.   I'm disappointed.

You come with egoistic personal opinions, ad hominem commentary, derision, and deflection (to name a few).

I come with facts with external sources to back up my comments.

I guess we will see who "wins".  ;)

Taltos167 wrote:

Is it a competition?

fluffy2560 wrote:
Taltos167 wrote:

Is it a competition?

Another deflection.

Classic.

For all other readers, my only interest is to present the facts. And I will only continue to present the facts to the greater audience, even when the "expert" gets it wrong and wants to try to ad hominem away the correction.