Any Morocco announcement on 90 day visit rule and coronavirus?

Has the government made any announcement about its 90 day stay rule for non-resident visitors? My 90 days are up on April 26 so I am trying to find out the consequences if I overstay here.  I am over 70 and think it is safer for me to stay put. Plus I am working with very vulnerable undocumented and homeless migrants from West Africa here in Marrakech and do not want to abandon them. I am normally in and out of Morocco for my work elsewhere in Africa and own an apartment in  Guéliz. Anyone can send me a reply directly on ***. Thanks in advance. Gary.

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details for safety reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, there

I've picked up the same question on the French Embassy in Morocco (see link below). I copy and paste the question (in French) -

https://ma.ambafrance.org/Coronavirus-a … is-je-nbsp

Je suis touriste au Maroc depuis presque 3 mois. Comment puis-je régulariser ma situation au Maroc puisque je vais dépasser la date limite de mon séjour ?

Les autorités marocaines n'ont pas encore annoncé de mesures concernant la prolongation éventuelle des séjours touristiques. Les préfectures de police sont actuellement fermées au public mais des consignes ont été données par les autorités marocaines pour que votre situation soit prise en compte afin que des régularisations interviennent par la suite.

So, in essence, I don't think there should be a problem - since this situation applies to 100's of people - Tourists who are now stuck in Morocco and cannot go back to their home countries (I also read a similar thread, for Moroccans stuck in Europe - the same rules would apply).

Good luck with your work and let us know how things progress.....(I will ask a friend in the Police, to confirm the above).

Ciao

Hi
I know this is an old thread, however I'm wondering given the U.K. flight ban (to and from) plus the high cases in the U.K. whether overstaying the 90 days is ‘acceptable' as it was back in March?
Thx
P

I've been vaccinated will that effect.y stay here?

If you are not a resident in Morocco, then you are bound by the 90 days rule. If you overstay over 90 days, then there is a procedure   a fine of 1,100 Dirhams to pay, before being allowed to leave the country

Thanks. I assume you go to the police station and from their the court and pay the fine.
Once you have paid the fine is their a timeline limit by which you have to leave or are the 90days reset?

You actually have to go to the main Police station (Wilaya), if you live within the city - or to the nearest Gendarmerie, if you live outside the city.

They will first take your statement and get a file that they will present to the court (the Court of First Instance) - it's in Bab Doukala.

They (Police / Gendarme) will tell you when the file will be taken to court (usually the very next day - from 10 am to 12 am - but be there at 9am), so that you will attend your hearing (it's actually not a real hearing in front of a judge - but you'll just have to present yourself at one of the offices there (number 44), they will give you a document to take to another office (n0. 43), then you'll wait till you are allowed to pay the fine (1,100 Dh). Once this is done, you are then given a copy of the court decision, a receipt for your fine, which you'll have to take to the Police Station (where the first statement was taken).

They will then take a copy of all the court document (so make copies before you go there) and also a copy of your ticket (this is essential, so that they'll inform the Airport, of your departure). So, it's a two to three days' process - if you have the time and the patience, you can do everything in two days.

Now - the fine is a standard one - 1,100 Dh - whether you've overstayed by 1 day or two years (as was the case of one of the people I met at the court - trust me, you'll have company there - plenty foreigners are in the same position - especially given the travel restrictions linked to the Covid).

The clock is not reset, since you'll have to present a flight ticket - my advice is to go there, once you've decided to go back home (no point going there earlier - in case you are asked to pay another fine, when you'll decide to leave).

Cheers