Lockdown

Just wondered how everyone else is going on in these difficult times.

Getting very bored. I've done most of the jobs around the house, much to my missus' delight.

Thankfully, it's fairly quiet in the immediate area around us as far as cases are concerned.

How are you doing?

Same here only 3 cases tested positive.
We're not bored yet - we have loads to do because we have 121 olive trees and it's pruning season.
The local bakery, greengrocers, butchers and supermarket are fully stocked and adopting precautionary measures.
It's just the uncertainty of whether its going to stretch beyond the 2nd April. Our daughter and her friend  are supposed to be flying out in the 11th April.
More to the point were booked on a flight back to England in 30th April for a 3 week check in with family.  If we can in fact still return to the Uk we will probably still have to self isolate - but for how long? May have to extend our time over there.
The morale here is good albeit at a distance - what about near you ?

Good to hear you're safe.

The community spirit here is very good, no panic buying and the vast majority are keeping themselves isolated.

The latest I read for Italy is that they expect it to peak this week, possibly next week. God knows when isolation will be over. The problem is that people will start to go a bit crazy if it lasts too long. Logically, lockdown should last until there is a vaccine, but I don't see that being practical :( I'm glad I'm not making the decisions :)

The UK reckon they are about 3 weeks behind us, I suspect they will be closing their borders within a couple of weeks. WHO are saying that if Johnson doesn't change his strategy, then the UK can expect up to 250,000 deaths. That is just too big a number to seriously contemplate :(