How to get a long term visa

Hello everyone,

My name is Stephen and I am in Varna now.
I have been spending my retirement traveling around Europe.
Last year I was in Spain and the year before that I was in Slovakia.
At the moment I am trying to figure out how to get a long term visa in order to stay until next January.
I have looked on the internet but found websites that say different things. One site even charges 800 Euros to arrange the visa!
If anyone can give me some advice about how to get a visa for a pensioner, it would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Stephen

Are you an American citizen or EU or other?

If you are American, don't waste the money with a local Attorney just yet.   Maybe after you get your 6 month visa. 

If American you must first apply for a long term Visa d at the Bg Embassy in the US in your district.   Yes, in person.   There are a list of items you need.   In 30 days you will receive a 6 month visa. 

Once in Bg, you must present yourself at the Sofia Embassy Station and Apply for a one year resident application.   After five successive years of a one year extension you may apply for a permanent non-residency or citizenship. 

I have received my 6 month long term Visa D and will apply in sofia in April for the one year visa. 

If you are EU it is much easier.

The only thing I would add is if you have residency in another country, you can apply in that other country. (This is the only exception to applying in your country of origin)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am British, but treated as EU citizen until December 2020

I am finding this difficult because I don't know the language, nor do I know anyone here.

If there is anyone who knows any contacts in Varna, that would be great.

Thank you,

Stephen

I do not have a contact in Varna but I have one who practices in Sofia and Burgas

He handles all my business including my visa's

Best of luck

John Vann

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : please share the contact privately. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Stephen,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Bulgaria forum.

Best,
Christine

I was wondering the same thing too. I'm from Mauritius and my passport allows me a 3 months stay but I was wondering how to apply for a long term Visa as we don't have a Bulgarian Embassy here.

Thanks

You can contact our Embassy in Pretoria, Republic of South Africa. This is the instructions from the website of the Minstry of inferior. If you need some more information about the options for Visa D and residence permits in Bulgaria, do not hesitate to message me.

Thanks a lot Vasilev. I will contact you if I need more info.

I want  to still and do business . Can you help me to long still visa  and the cost of it thank.