Northfields Primary Vs IPS

Hello,

We are planning to relocate to Mauritius in time for the new academic school year and would love to hear from any parents at either Northfields or IPS.

Our child is almost 5 and should start Year 1 by the time we relocate.

I am particularly keen to hear the pros and cons of both schools.

Are you a mum/dad there? What do you love most about the school? What do you not like so much?

We visited IPS a couple of years ago but were not aware that Northfields had a primary school. Is this new and establishing itself?

Any advice and information would be very welcome.

Thank you!

Natasha

Hi Natasha
I am looking for the same info as you. Which school did you choose in the end and did you manage to find out about IPS school fees?
Misty

Hi

Yes we chose the west coast high school.  Their school year is same as ours, Jan to Dec.  Dealt with them direct and our daughter now booked in to start Jan 2022.  She does entrance exams soon.  Done here at our Botswana school - simply emailed to our headmaster.

looking forward to seeing the school on person.

natasha

We opted for Northfields and the kids are enrolled for August 2021 same academic year as the UK (more or less). Heard good things about both schools but Northfields has a good reputation and kids can transition into secondary. Also lower primary is a Montessori approach which for my son will be much better (I hope). Good luck!

I am moving too and had the same question... both schools have good reputation. I decided West coast because it will be closer to the house we found for rent and my husband's work...
My husband is already in Mauritius and he tells me to avoid long distances because of traffic