Start-ups

Just curious, seeing as Berlin is well known for being a start up capital, what do you actually have to do to set up a business. Is it really difficult and does look play a big role?

The buerocracy involved in starting a business in Germany is complicated and basically impossible to manoevre without good German language, legal, accountancy and taxation knowledge. As a foreigner, you probably need to get professional help for these.
Also, many professions have registration or certification requirements or other trade-specific regulations. But in IT, where most of the startups are, this is less of a concern.
In the fact-oriented (and generally conservative) German business climate, looks play no big role - although a female model as CEO is probably less accepted than a nerdy-looking man.

https://www.erfolg-als-freiberufler.de/ … iberufler/ this website goes into detail about what it takes to set up a business. I don´t think aesthetics is listed as anything that matters!

Oh haha I meant to write ´luck´not ´look´.

Yes, As in wvery aspect of life, luck plays a role here, too!

True, I suppose to a certain extent you can make your own luck too, if you put in the work you will reep the awards.