Anyone else enjoying watching the DOW tank today?

DOW down 1000 points

This is relevant to expats, since many of them have money in it. And it reflected on the wider world situation.

It's been running on fumes for a while.

Who knows. Maybe it recovers and goes up to 50,000. Anything is possible when the market is detached from reality.

So maybe it's a blip on the screen or maybe it's the omen that some have been waiting for for a long long time in this bull run.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

DOW down 1000 points

This is relevant to expats, since many of them have money in it. And it reflected on the wider world situation.

It's been running on fumes for a while.

Who knows. Maybe it recovers and goes up to 50,000. Anything is possible when the market is detached from reality.

So maybe it's a blip on the screen or maybe it's the omen that some have been waiting for for a long long time in this bull run.

Agreed..Asisan markets/currencies many are being 'smashed' too!...Real estate prices are on shaky footing! ...bottom fishing possibilities/anyone???
...but not yet!!!

:D

Might be the Black Swan event that tips it from "running on fumes" to dead on the side of the road. I have increased defensive positions in recent months but unfortunately also increased my foreign stock holdings as part of my annual rebalancing, lol. That might suck me down more than I planned, lol.

Maybe it's time for that reset they have been whispering about.

All bears report to the slaughterhouse.

I recently increased my positions in rice and bolo knives.

Maybe it's time for that reset they have been whispering about.

All bears report to the slaughterhouse.

I recently increased my positions in rice and bolo knives.

World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2020. The 50th World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting was held on 21-24 January2020, in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland....after which this full blown RESET could be happening!
Just brainstorming here!!!
:D

I´m not rushing to sell nor buy. In fact not selling at all. Buying more maybe. Depending on the dip.
Aw aw aw awoooooo!

robal

"Warren Buffett finally traded in his flip phone for an iPhone"
CNN Business

Time to bottom fish?

Glad I got out last year in my current holdings, about 20% of my retirement investments in stocks and bonds, the rest in a 3.1% five year annuity.  Too old to roll the dice anymore, risk not worth the potential rewards.  After the CV panic is over US deficit spending will help investments recover as will the huge trade deficits.  If I were younger I would do what I did in 2001 and 2009, wait for the bottom and then start buying.

The one month treasury is .24 away from the 30 year.

And the 30 year is at an all time low of 1.84%.

maybe next year it's -1%

"Ouch!!!"

:sleep

Down another 900 today.. stairstepping down. Will be interesting to see where it ends up. Clearly business normality and economic growth is going to be impacted this year.  We are certainly overdue for a correction and possibly a year or two of no growth in the markets.

It's all just hot air.

The DOW never should have gone over maybe 19,000.

pnwcyclist wrote:

Down another 900 today.. stairstepping down. Will be interesting to see where it ends up. Clearly business normality and economic growth is going to be impacted this year.  We are certainly overdue for a correction and possibly a year or two of no growth in the markets.

The government may step in like it always does and buy stocks with made up money through proxies to make it look like their is an actual market.

Dow bulls may finally be forced to accept the economic reality of the coronavirus outbreak!

the biggest "bull" is the FED

the biggest "bull" is the FED

Haha that's for sure..

President Donald Trump is reportedly furious that stocks are plunging & screaming at the FED to act!!!

:/

Maybe interest free loans on the horizon!!!

"No bottom in sight as U.S. stock futures slump"
By Steve Goldstein
Published: Feb 26, 2020 4:20 am ET

Oh no!!!

DOW opens 400+ down this morning. It is now officially a correction.

down 10% on this 4th day

Goldman Sachs says corporate earnings for the year have been wiped out.

boo hoo

50 minutes since I posted the above and it is now down almost another 1000 points

wow

DOW opens 400+ down this morning. It is now officially a correction.

down 10% on this 4th day

Goldman Sachs says corporate earnings for the year have been wiped out.

boo hoo

50 minutes since I posted the above and it is now down almost another 1000 points

wow

The Dow is on track for its worst weekly slide since the 2008 financial crisis...

OMG...Time for my blue pill!

Yeah, down 1200 on the day. Well easy come, easy go as they say.. we all know the recent growth had no basis in reality.

Expect some kind of short term stimulates to get the market stabilized.  Would not be surprised by anything the party in power does in an election year.  Glad to be on the sidelines for this game.

Wiping out more than $5 trillion in equity value and setting up its worst five-day run since November 2008 (I too bled then!...but not anymore!)

dow 322 down in the futures

The making of a 1987-style implosion a possibility!

yup

You will know when bottom is close when warren Buffet jumps back in with a big chunk of 128 Billion in cash he's had on the sidelines for some time now.

manwonder wrote:

The bottom could drop out on Monday, I doubt they would stop trading.They want it to fall now.

manwonder wrote:

The bottom could drop out on Monday, I doubt they would stop trading.They want it to fall now.

That is the purpose. The big boys win economically and the aggressive and peace threatening  powers created through globalization falls. An all purpose instrument to ruin targeted nations - China specifically which is already overleveraged on loans for their massive infrastructure build up. A worldwide recession could see a bankrupt China. A win for Trump.

Include population control.... Looks very intentional to me.

Any Alibaba and TenCent investors?

robal

robal wrote:
manwonder wrote:

That is the purpose. The big boys win economically and the aggressive and peace threatening  powers created through globalization falls. An all purpose instrument to ruin targeted nations - China specifically which is already overleveraged on loans for their massive infrastructure build up. A worldwide recession could see a bankrupt China. A win for Trump.

robal

There is another level to that conspiracy theory, which proposes a hierarchy above the globalist v anti-globalist struggle. There is much evidence for it too, but people are wired to side up.

Trump is not the big winner though. A rising tide lifts all ships. Trump is just a little dingey.

robal wrote:

robal

There is another level to that conspiracy theory, which proposes a hierarchy above the globalist v anti-globalist struggle. There is much evidence for it too, but people are wired to side up.

Trump is not the big winner though. A rising tide lifts all ships. Trump is just a little dingey.

Can you clarify that supposedly "superior power?"

It is ME hahaha !

robal wrote:
robal wrote:

robal

I said it is a conspiracy theory. I did not say that I hold to it. Nor do I say that I hold to yours.

Can you clarify who are the "globalists" and who are those who oppose them - as you say it?

When you do that, next look for the common ties, there are many. I will not clarify them for you. You are perfectly capable I am sure, as your first response is always the first response - the perpetual cliche.

geolefrench wrote:

It is ME hahaha !

There´s no croissant seismic shortage yet. But keep baking! :lol:

Even the left and right in the USA are characterized as red and blue. And the red describe the blue as NPCs (stuck in the  matrix), while the NPCs imagine themselves as woke.

Those who are truly awakened became so by taking the red pill and they go to zion in the center of the earth. I did not make this previous statement because it is my opinion - I state it within the lore of the system it describes.

robal wrote:

I said it is a conspiracy theory. I did not say that I hold to it. Nor do I say that I hold to yours.

Can you clarify who are the "globalists" and who are those who oppose them - as you say it?

When you do that, next look for the common ties, there are many. I will not clarify them for you. You are perfectly capable I am sure, as your first response is always the first response - the perpetual cliche.

Sure. I realize it´s not beneficial to others to widen more discussion on this subject as it´s all theoretical in nature and every aspect prone to more speculations. Maybe it might or could revert back to the "perpetual cliche" as you mentioned when results turn to ambiguities. I was just curious of what that could be as it seems that you´re more informed of conspiracy theories.

robal

robal wrote:
robal wrote:

Sure. I realize it´s not beneficial to others to widen more discussion on this subject as it´s all theoretical in nature and every aspect prone to more speculations. Maybe it might or could revert back to the "perpetual cliche" as you mentioned when results turn to ambiguities. I was just curious of what that could be as it seems that you´re more informed of conspiracy theories.

robal

The perpetual cliche I was referring to is the question of who's on top.

Some also consider the answers to be cliches. And as we know, a cliche is a cliche because everyone has heard it. I suspect you are not as virgin to conspiracy theory as you wish to seem. I would lay money on it.

robal wrote:

robal

Some also consider the answers to be cliches. And as we know, a cliche is a cliche because everyone has heard it. I suspect you are not as virgin to conspiracy theory as you wish to seem. I would lay money on it.

I try to be informed of every aspect that I possibly could for my benefit. I can hold my own ground.

robal

robal wrote:
robal wrote:

robal

I try to be informed of every aspect that I possibly could for my benefit. I can hold my own ground.

robal

"You don't know what you don't know", as a certain well "informed" person once said.

We hold the ground that we are allowed to hold.