Anyone else enjoying watching the DOW tank today?

I for one do not allow passive aggressive control freaks to cause me to alter my behavior through their passive aggressive comments triggered by their hyper-emotional reaction to what normal people see as nothing. Some people hold grudges for years over every perceived slight no matter how minuscule and whether it actually exists or not. They allow this poison to seep out of them constantly. It only hurts the one who is doing it. And it just goes on and on with no end.

That is what therapy is for.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

I for one do not allow passive aggressive control freaks to cause me to alter my behavior through their passive aggressive comments triggered by their hyper-emotional reaction to what normal people see as nothing. Some people hold grudges for years over every perceived slight no matter how minuscule and whether it actually exists or not. They allow this poison to seep out of them constantly. It only hurts the one who is doing it. And it just goes on and on with no end.

Agreed....so maybe that was the main reason why there were less posts and comments on the forum to begin with!....wow I must have been the catalyst to bring things back to life!!!

Cheers
:D

manwonder wrote:

Agreed....so maybe that was the main reason why there were less posts and comments on the forum to begin with!....wow I must be the catalyst to bring things back to life!!!

Cheers

He was not talking about you, mate. You are cool. You are not the one who upsets immature babies.

Dead cat bounce it seems  ????

scouser59 wrote:

Dead cat bounce it seems  ????

who knows now with so much government intervention on the backplane.

Its ONLY a significant correction : which are scary but normal. In fact, they're a sign of a healthy market in *most cases. A stock market correction is usually defined as a drop in stock prices of *10 percent or greater from their most recent peak. If prices drop by *20 percent or more, then we are heading into a bear market.
So even a 'dead cat bounce' could still mean it happened in a healthy market!
....but who knows what's in store in the coming few days/weeks wif the covid 19 disrupting everyone & everything!

The UK saw its first corporate casualty as FlyBe – Europe's largest regional airline – went bankrupt on Thursday morning with an expected loss of more than 2,000 jobs.This is worrying!

manwonder wrote:

The UK saw its first corporate casualty as FlyBe – Europe's largest regional airline – went bankrupt on Thursday morning with an expected loss of more than 2,000 jobs.This is worrying!

Are they blaming Corona V or perhaps Brexit?

mugtech wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Are they blaming Corona V or perhaps Brexit?

Sorry Mugtech...I can't give you a definite answer!...All I know its happening worldwide even @ home Singapore (SIA) management have had their  salaries cut fm 01st March/staff asked to go on no-paid leave...just to manage finances through these tough economic times.
Btw this is just the airline I'm talking about....there are many other industries in Singapore also going through very tough times.

Also talking about real good job creation itself appears to be fake news :  "A Frightening Rise In Low-Quality, Low-Paying Jobs" both in Singapore/elsewhere : Is This Really A Strong Job Market?...I don't think so!

Just my humble opinion!

one estimate of $800 million loss for Philippines tourism industry due to coronavirus

https://www.rappler.com/business/251652 … oronavirus

that might cause some ripples

Hmmmm...look like Its spreading fast & furious...faster than even Covid 19?

:/

Just the cruise I was booked on was having over 4,000 people/day stopping in at Ilocos, Subic and Manila.  Many had all kinds of tours booked to Tagaytay, Angeles, Vigan, Laoag and Corregador.  I know locals who made $100/day when the ship docked in Ilocos a few months ago.  So far only one Royal Caribbean cruise is scheduled to port in the Philippines next year.

Be interesting to see a global map of who benefits economically v who loses.

The DOW??

yup enjoyed very much the Dow tanking!

Be interesting to see a global map of who benefits economically v who loses.

That's a secret!
wealth inequality - top 0.1% worth as much as the bottom 90% the bottom feeders like myself...still standing by wif my bottom fishing tackle!

It's a fact that at least 500000 people globally die from the flu every year.  How many deaths have been caused by the latest coronavirus flu outbreak so far, 3-4000? What happens if Indian drug manufactures stop producing much needed follow up medication?

:sleep

Philippines isn't exactly the ideal tourist destination. My wife and I live here part of the year in Cebu and then we need to go back to our normal civilized life in the United Started. We try to do 4 months in Philippines and the rest back home. With all the bankruptcies and stock market problems, there's no place like home.

this is remarkable

3 Month Treasury     0.42%    
10 Year Treasury     0.71%    
30 Year Treasury     1.22%

Light Crude     41.57    

the tricycle and jeepney drivers will be happy

this is remarkable

3 Month Treasury     0.42%    
10 Year Treasury     0.71%    
30 Year Treasury     1.22%

Light Crude     41.57    

the tricycle and jeepney drivers will be happy

Agreed PD....but it appears that locally gas/lpg/kerosene/diesel prices do not seem to have come down significantly in line wif current crude oil price rout!
Also LOCAL bank/car/housing/personal loan rates appear to be close to the *highest in the modern world! (again see no benefit whatsoever locally!)

But yes what you have highlighted above is indeed "shocking" to say the least!

arty5987 wrote:

Philippines isn't exactly the ideal tourist destination. My wife and I live here part of the year in Cebu and then we need to go back to our normal civilized life in the United Started. We try to do 4 months in Philippines and the rest back home. With all the bankruptcies and stock market problems, there's no place like home.

Reminds me of the books of Tim Dorsey, as he describes Florida as being covered with a thin veneer of civilization.  Should read his books if you are interested in the history of Florida.

Oil has plummeted to 32.90 and DOW futures are down more than 1000 points
https://money.cnn.com/data/premarket/

something happening in KSA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/sa … story.html

And Us State Dept. telling all citizens (esp with health problems) to stay away from cruise ships

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … ngers.html

U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship.  CDC notes increased risk of infection of COVID-19 in a cruise ship environment.

That will put a chill on the cruise industry.

Oil has plummeted to 32.90 and DOW futures are down more than 1000 points
https://money.cnn.com/data/premarket/

something happening in KSA

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/sa … story.html

And Us State Dept. telling all citizens (esp with health problems) to stay away from cruise ships

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … ngers.html

U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship.  CDC notes increased risk of infection of COVID-19 in a cruise ship environment.

That will put a chill on the cruise industry.

If  America sneezes the world catches a cold!

Oil has just crashed by the most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war

I won't keep posting the numbers, but everything is dropping.

ok just this one      Nikkei 225 Japan     19,473.07     -6.15%

I won't keep posting the numbers, but everything is dropping.

ok just this one      Nikkei 225 Japan     19,473.07     -6.15%

Global stocks are collapsing Monday as the novel coronavirus outbreak and an oil crash rattle investors.

Yeah, it's gonna be a rout on Monday. Too bad potus put all his friends in charge, they're clueless what to do.

pnwcyclist wrote:

Yeah, it's gonna be a rout on Monday. Too bad potus put all his friends in charge, they're clueless what to do.

I've decided to sell of my 'bottom fishing tackle' for now, as I may not need it for a long time coming!..anyone interested?

There are no accidents. The people in charge now are members of all the same groups as those who came before. Doing the same things as have been done before. Pick any of those names and do a little research. They pretend there are two parties, but when there is war or some other money making scheme they all jump on board.

3 Month Treasury     0.21%     0.42%
10 Year Treasury     0.48%     0.71%
30 Year Treasury     0.91%     1.22%
Data as of 8:28am ET

Unpreced3nted.

negative interest can come any day n0w

Let the good times roll  :)

Time to spend some big cash and buy.  I withdraw $100,000 out of the stock market in the first week of the COVID19, i think that the time is rights to get back in, with that money and some extra.  Will it get worse, i think so, but it will in a couple of years JUMP us past were it is now, so couldn't lose.

Of course we all know that at currently it is not even as bad as the during the Brexit, or pre any presidential election, or the GFC (as fare as single day loses).  Naturally after President Trump got in the markets have done better than the previous guy.

People ask me how to make money in the stock market, my response is simple, buy when it is low and sell when it is high.  The skill is knowing when it is high and when it is low.

pej1111 wrote:

Will it get worse, i think so, but it will in a couple of years JUMP us past were it is now, so couldn't lose.

Agreed with this point...."BUT NOT YET"!

Futures way up. Doom postponed.

Futures way up. Doom postponed.

Indeed....Quake and Wolfenstein developer id Software eventually pushed "Doom Eternal" release to end March 2020  a delay of four months. ... The intervening period has instead allowed id to "fix a tonne more bugs" and polish the game after testing found balance issues and exploits!

Time for me to hunker down and watch the storm. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

DOW down over 7% 30 minutes after the market opened.   Princess Cruises, whose stock is down 57% from its recent high, is suspending all operations starting immediately for 60 days.  The move on Europeans not being allowed into the US could cause other cruise lines to take similar actions, causing severe cash flow problems and possible chapter 11 filings.  Stay tuned.

I suggest that everyone get to the place they want to be indefinitely and stay there before the decision is made for you.

I suggest that everyone get to the place they want to be indefinitely and stay there before the decision is made for you.

No more "kick the can down the road!"
Sheesh!

:(

mugtech wrote:

DOW down over 7% 30 minutes after the market opened.   Princess Cruises, whose stock is down 57% from its recent high, is suspending all operations starting immediately for 60 days.  The move on Europeans not being allowed into the US could cause other cruise lines to take similar actions, causing severe cash flow problems and possible chapter 11 filings.  Stay tuned.

News is Just going to get worse by the hour!