Anyone else enjoying watching the DOW tank today?

Philippine Destiny wrote:
robal wrote:

The perpetual cliche I was referring to is the question of who's on top.

Some also consider the answers to be cliches. And as we know, a cliche is a cliche because everyone has heard it. I suspect you are not as virgin to conspiracy theory as you wish to seem. I would lay money on it.

I try to be informed of every aspect that I possibly could for my benefit. I can hold my own ground.

robal

"You don't know what you don't know", as a certain well "informed" person once said.

We hold the ground that we are allowed to hold.

Sure. If you come to my field of experience you wouldn´t know as when I come to yours. Facts are also hidden to someone´s knowledge for a purpose. Your second statement is also true. There are grounds that are held by others against the will of others.

robal

robal wrote:
robal wrote:

I try to be informed of every aspect that I possibly could for my benefit. I can hold my own ground.

robal

"You don't know what you don't know", as a certain well "informed" person once said.

Sure. If you come to my field of experience you wouldn´t know as when I come to yours. Facts are also hidden to someone´s knowledge for a purpose. There are grounds that are held by others against the will of others.

robal

"If you come to my field of experience you wouldn´t know as when I come to yours"

at this time you do not know that  :D

robal wrote:

Sure. If you come to my field of experience you wouldn´t know as when I come to yours. Facts are also hidden to someone´s knowledge for a purpose. There are grounds that are held by others against the will of others.

robal

"If you come to my field of experience you wouldn´t know as when I come to yours"

at this time you do not know that  :D

Agreed. Have a good night. :D

Oops!

In a nutshell : MOST of us are predicting that the coronavirus will continue to spread and cause more disruptions, depress demand, and maybe cause a global slowdown.
Right now, MOST investors don't know this is going to happen — MOST of us don't — but they're preparing as if it will. They're reacting to fears now, but if good news starts breaking, it could swing in the other direction.

Cheers

robal wrote:

or do you? :/

robal wrote:

I don't think so!!!
But who knows????
The walls have ears!!!

:D:D:D

manwonder wrote:
robal wrote:

I don't think so!!!
But who knows????
The walls have ears!!!

the modems have eyes

manwonder wrote:

I don't think so!!!
But who knows????
The walls have ears!!!

the modems have eyes

To err on the side of caution I have re-edited my earlier post!!!

Watch this too...
[link under review]:D

Wonder why we try so hard
Wonder why we try at all
You wonder why the world is spinning around
In the end it won't matter at all.

Moody Blues
Our Guessing Game

mugtech wrote:

Wonder why we try so hard
Wonder why we try at all
You wonder why the world is spinning around
In the end it won't matter at all.

Moody Blues
Our Guessing Game

"Fret not"...and don't wonder too much! manwonder to the rescue!!!

:D

Knights in White Satin! Never reaching the End!

lasvegan wrote:

they "can't say what the truth is"

lasvegan wrote:

they "can't say what the truth is"

Ouch!!!!

lasvegan wrote:

No middle ages warriors or chess pieces involved, for it is Nights in White Satin.  Just what you want to be, you'll be in the end.

Global stocks rebound as investors bet central banks will act over the coronavirus!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co … index.html:/

Now this post (20mins ago!!!)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c … -live.html

Total opposite!

:/

Futures are red.

Fools everywhere . . . . .

Biggest fool theory is reality. . . . sell short, a bigger fool will sell shorter.

Market swings up. . . . Buy now, a bigger fool will drive your position up.

Wall street welcomes this, billions generated on commissions.

W9XR wrote:

Fools everywhere . . . . .

Biggest fool theory is reality. . . . sell short, a bigger fool will sell shorter.

Market swings up. . . . Buy now, a bigger fool will drive your position up.

Wall street welcomes this, billions generated on commissions.

All I see is 'Green' wow!!!/'Record Breaking'
+1,293.96
(+5.09%) (wow wow wee!!!!)
(Golden Rule!)
When your big...you are just
"TOO BIG TO FAIL"  :D ...
that sure was NO : "Dead Cat Bounce"

Goes to show that the more I learn the more I sense I still know/understand so little!

Henny Penny said to Turkey Lurky. . . . The sky is falling

W9XR wrote:

Henny Penny said to Turkey Lurky. . . . The sky is falling

Not really...I'm was tipping over backwards then, so it appeared that the sky was falling!!

biggest one day gain in history

maybe the entire coronavirus thing is BULL S*** created by the money men

We can all pretend that we know something and others are fools, but the only people know anything are the robber barons at the top of the heap who are manipulating and controlling the system.

If you win or lose it is not your genius or cunning or lack thereof. It is chance.

Don't worry.  We will have the American election coming up in the not so far off future.   Something else for people to get excited about.   

Especially when you remember from the last US election the drop on the stock markets (leading up to the election) was bigger than what we have seen to date with COVID19, and yes it bounced back, and yes the drop from the COVID 19 has been more rapid.

Yep all my money is in the stock market.

Diversification.

watch from the sidelines!

So??? Are you really worried???? If you have to worry about the stock market, then you shouldn't be in it.
If you're not using that money now, then it's only on paper. You know it's going to bounce right back. Which it did yesterday...... feel better now?

arty5987 wrote:

So??? Are you really worried???? If you have to worry about the stock market, then you shouldn't be in it.
If you're not using that money now, then it's only on paper. You know it's going to bounce right back. Which it did yesterday...... feel better now?

Where do you see that anyone is worried? This is a slow forum. It needs material. This is it. Feel better now?

I'm worried...I may not get my interest free bank loans as expected!
My bad!

Slow.???.. this whole forum is beyond slow... now i know why I don't come on too often.

manwonder wrote:

I'm worried...I may not get my interest free bank loans as expected!
My bad!

You will be able to get your interest free cds though.

Ouch!!!...anything free would be good in grave times like this!

arty5987 wrote:

Slow.???.. this whole forum is beyond slow... now i know why I don't come on too often.

Perhaps you should see the situation as an opportunity.  What would you like to know or discuss?  What experience, strength or hope can you share with us?  Infrequent posters still get plenty of attention ( See Bulgarian from Brazil).

I have been watching this with some amusement, seeing panic  take over from brains, and I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of idiots losing their shirts.
A few, the clever ones, will be laughing their socks off whilst buying new condos on tropical islands as they buy up stocks at silly low prices then watch their funds hit the roof when everyone else finally realises the end of the world isn't booked for next Wednesday.

Fred wrote:

I have been watching this with some amusement, seeing panic  take over from brains, and I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of idiots losing their shirts.
A few, the clever ones, will be laughing their socks off whilst buying new condos on tropical islands as they buy up stocks at silly low prices then watch their funds hit the roof when everyone else finally realises the end of the world isn't booked for next Wednesday.

Fred wrote:

when everyone else finally realises the end of the world isn't booked for next Wednesday.

But but...I'm still sitting on the sidelines with my bottom fishing tackle! Waiting to enter! So you say it won't be the end Next Wednesday!....How about the week after next?

The Central Banks have lowered the already measily interest the poorest of our citizens get for their money at the banks while trying to protect the rich from losing some of the massive profits they make on their stocks which is mostly insider trading regardless what they say.

Just my take & No offence meant!

Cheers

arty5987 wrote:

Agreed, i am quickly losing interest with expat.com Philippines, just a lot of dribble seems to have come in over the last month or so.

It was better when there were less post and comments that were more informative.

Now it just seem's that some people, one in particular, just wants to comment on everything.

Ouch...I felt that!
No hard feelings...maybe I should remain on my blue pill dosage!

pej1111 wrote:
arty5987 wrote:

Agreed, i am quickly losing interest with expat.com Philippines, just a lot of dribble seems to have come in over the last month or so.

It was better when there were less post and comments that were more informative.

Now it just seem's that some people, one in particular, just wants to comment on everything.

And too many passive aggressive types who need to grow up, mate. Like the ones who complain about others questioning their posts and then they turn around and do the same thing. But if they have a problem maybe they should be a man about it.

pej1111 wrote:
arty5987 wrote:

And too many passive aggressive types who need to grow up, mate. Like the ones who complain about others questioning their posts and then they turn around and do the same thing.

Noted with thanks...so I'm alright with my current alternate red/blue pill dosage.
Was Just trying to give a slightly wider perspective to current events based on my limited knowledge/experience!