Anyone else enjoying watching the DOW tank today?

Tell me this is not weird.

3.3 million jobs lost but the DOW is up 400 points. It's because the scamulus is passing.

the 3 mo. treasury is now -.1%

Philippine Destiny wrote:
mugtech wrote:

The check is in the mail, but it will probably never reach me because I live in Philippines. Thanks Congress.

They should send it to the address you used on your 2019 1040, or if not yet filed then your 2018 1040.  If they have your direct deposit info you will get it even sooner.

It will be like everything else sent here. lost

And I don't get refunds. If I had known about this I could have at least put the numbers on the 1040 so they would have it, but my taxes were done 2 months ago. Amendments have to be hard copy and mailed in and then they take another 4 months to process.

And if it ever does get here my current bank cannot handle the check as it is beyond their single deposit limit. We went through this before. So I will have to get another account somewhere else.

I already called the IRS about this earlier. They said a special hotline will be established and that other options may come into being.

I hope so. I need my pinko check. Aren't the problems of Americans heartbreaking?

My SS check was stolen in the Philippines! It was cashed in Hongkong by someone else. Social Security was investigating but never came back to reimburse. NEVER have your checks mailed to PI. Theft is rampant!

robal

manwonder wrote:

This Is Not just any Recession. It's an Ice Age. No one alive has experienced an economic plunge this sudden!

Global depression is probable. Within 6 mos like this, with people unemployed, it should come. I´ll have to check  my dollars stashed underneath my mattress and some gold... I hope they were not stolen. They should be most valuable in a situation like that. :D

robal

robal wrote:

My SS check was stolen in the Philippines! It was cashed in Hongkong by someone else. Social Security was investigating but never came back to reimburse. NEVER have your checks mailed to PI. Theft is rampant! robal

This is why I use a re-mailer in the states. When mail arrives USA I'm emailed the outside of the envelope. Then I have a choice to save it, dump it or have it opened and a scan is emailed to me.

I let it sit there till I feel I have enough to justify having it sent FedEX.

I had made an error computing my taxes, surprise surprise instead of owing more $$$ it was a refund check. Could not cash it anywhere or deposit it in BDO. Finally my son was able to use an app on his phone to deposit it in my states account.

W9XR wrote:
robal wrote:

My SS check was stolen in the Philippines! It was cashed in Hongkong by someone else. Social Security was investigating but never came back to reimburse. NEVER have your checks mailed to PI. Theft is rampant! robal

This is why I use a re-mailer in the states. When mail arrives USA I'm emailed the outside of the envelope. Then I have a choice to save it, dump it or have it opened and a scan is emailed to me.

I have the same, also a remailer or mail forwarder. They scan or throw away mail if instructed. They send by DHL, FedEx etc. It´s safer than a plain ordinary letter where they can just pilfer it. FedEx are traceable and also securely taped.

Huh?
:D

robal wrote:
manwonder wrote:

This Is Not just any Recession. It's an Ice Age. No one alive has experienced an economic plunge this sudden!

Global depression is probable. Within 6 mos like this, with people unemployed, it should come. I´ll have to check  my dollars stashed underneath my mattress and some gold... I hope they were not stolen. They should be most valuable in a situation like that. :D

robal

Having said that, I should reevaluate my portfolio to include GLD and or a Junior Goldminers ETF...

robal

In 6 months no one may be concerned about economies or business or trivial things like money. That is what my physician, Dr Lexus, told me.

W9XR wrote:
robal wrote:

I had made an error computing my taxes, surprise surprise instead of owing more $$$ it was a refund check. Could not cash it anywhere or deposit it in BDO. Finally my son was able to use an app on his phone to deposit it in my states account.

Depositing a check electronically through a bank´s app is easy enough...

robal wrote:
W9XR wrote:
robal wrote:

Depositing a check electronically through a bank´s app is easy enough...

thanks and that is a very fine option

If there is not other way than to send the physical check I hope it ends up with me and not in Hong Kong

In 6 months no one may be concerned about economies or business or trivial things like money. That is what my physician, Dr Lexus, told me.

In a global depression, all indebtedness should be forgiven to start anew. I can imagine when all fund managers dump all the treasury notes they´re holding at the speed of light. That puts the dollar close to zero. The $22 trillion indebtedness won´t be paid, so it should be written off to reset economies.
Then we can go back to the gold standard. The last time I checked, gold could be valued to $10,000 an
ounce... :D

robal

You could almost smell the burning shorts on Wall Street [Thursday], but as credit spreads remain wide, one has to wonder how much ‘real' buying is behind this week moves, besides the bailout-induced short-covering.”

:/

robal wrote:

In a global depression, all indebtedness should be forgiven to start anew.

Lovely, but it isn't going to happen.
Private lenders have things that can be taken and, if they don't, bottom feeder debt companies buy and sell bad loans.

When it comes to governments, not even the slightest chance as politics always comes first.  As an example, China holds about 1/6 of US foreign debt, and that's a massive stick they aren't going to let go of any time soon.

The same people who cause the indebtedness cause the downturns so they can snap everything up.

Fred wrote:
robal wrote:

Private lenders have things that can be taken and, if they don't, bottom feeder debt companies buy and sell bad loans.

When it comes to governments, not even the slightest chance as politics always comes first.  As an example, China holds about 1/6 of US foreign debt, and that's a massive stick they aren't going to let go of any time soon.

Japan owns more of it than China does. And about 1/4 is held by other US government agencies. That is like loaning yourself money.

robal wrote:

[In a global depression, all indebtedness should be forgiven to start anew. I can imagine when all fund managers dump all the treasury notes they´re holding at the speed of light. That puts the dollar close to zero. The $22 trillion indebtedness won´t be paid, so it should be written off to reset economies.
Then we can go back to the gold standard. The last time I checked, gold could be valued to $10,000 an

robal

Let me see: China holds $1.07 Trillion, US Government: $5.73 Trillion (Social Security, Fed Pension Fund) and Federal Reserve $2.38 Trillion.

US Investors:           32.5%
Foreign Investors:   29.3%
US Government:     27.0%
Federal Reserve:     11.2%

Screw China

W9XR wrote:
robal wrote:

[In a global depression, all indebtedness should be forgiven to start anew. I can imagine when all fund managers dump all the treasury notes they´re holding at the speed of light. That puts the dollar close to zero. The $22 trillion indebtedness won´t be paid, so it should be written off to reset economies.

robal

Let me see: China holds $1.07 Trillion, US Government: $5.73 Trillion (Social Security, Fed Pension Fund) and Federal Reserve $2.38 Trillion.

US Investors:           32.5%
Foreign Investors:   29.3%
US Government:     27.0%
Federal Reserve:     11.2%

Screw China

They should have to compensate the US (and the world) for at least that much for the millions of people they allowed to leave Wuhan even after they knew they had a problem.

And remember how they were calling everyone racist for barring entry of their citizens?

Guess what they are now doing;
https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-tem … s-pandemic

robal wrote:

In a global depression, all indebtedness should be forgiven to start anew. I can imagine when all fund managers dump all the treasury notes they´re holding at the speed of light. That puts the dollar close to zero. The $22 trillion indebtedness won´t be paid, so it should be written off to reset economies.

robal

we will all need a nanoelectromechanical resonator to keep track of out money

but we all know this ends in WW3 not a jubilee

Indy 500 moved to August.  This is getting serious.

Live firing just heard a short distance away...maybe near the philippine sea!

manwonder wrote:

Live firing just heard a short distance away...maybe near the west philippine sea!

can you give more detail?

I think there is a good chance DOW is above 30k on Dec 31 of this year.

or we will be chewing on rat tails

it could go either way

Military

US Navy launches live-fire missiles in ‘warning to China'

Unusual drill in the Philippine Sea a signal to the PLA that American forces can counter advanced threats, military observers sayExercise designed to support ‘security and stability in the Indo-Pacific'

Topic | South China Sea

Minnie Chan

Published: 8:05pm, 24 Mar, 2020

Updated: 11:21pm, 24 Mar, 2020

Fred wrote:
robal wrote:

You´re forgetting the powers of governments to EXTINGUISH ANYTHING they want due to FORCE
MAJEUR which in this case is the Coronavirus causing the global depression. Every country and their citizens are indebted so we might as well forgive each others indebtedness for a new and clean slate! :lol:

robal

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.c … ning-china

manwonder wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/3076768/us-navy-launches-live-fire-missiles-warning-china

There are barges dredging sand right now and heading to Spratlys with it, as China has ramped up artificial island construction.

robal wrote:
Fred wrote:
robal wrote:

FORCE
MAJEUR

robal

"unforeseeable circumstances"  :D  to the cattle perhaps

:lol:

robal wrote:
Fred wrote:

FORCE
MAJEUR

robal

Well you know... SHIT falls downhill. It you´re the cattle, the slaughter house is your destiny. :D

robal

robal wrote:

robal wrote:

FORCE
MAJEUR

robal

Well you know... SHIT falls downhill. It you´re the cattle, the slaughter house is your destiny. :D

robal

that is not my destiny. Not so sure about you.

manwonder wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/3076768/us-navy-launches-live-fire-missiles-warning-china

that article talks about USS Barry and USS Shiloh

but they are not alone

https://worldview.stratfor.com/node/327941

Chinese and Israeli botnets have picked up substantially in there probes on my site. This I assume represents an overall uptick in worldwide botnet activity. Who knows what the hell they are looking for if anything.

Secret Russian IoT Botnet Exposed In FSB Contractor Breach!

Chinese and Israeli botnets have picked up substantially in there probes on my site. This I assume represents an overall uptick in worldwide botnet activity. Who knows what the hell they are looking for if anything.

Anything and everything that could be useful. A snippet here, a wink there, and loads of AI to find out how the jigsaw fits together.

Bishop moving to A5  - king in danger

That'll get the buggers wondering if they read it out of context :D

Fred wrote:

Anything and everything that could be useful. A snippet here, a wink there, and loads of AI to find out how the jigsaw fits together.

Bishop moving to A5  - king in danger

That'll get the buggers wondering if they read it out of context :D

they think there are hidden messages in every gif

and maybe there are

robal wrote:

robal

Me neither. I can see it will only gets worse as the Coronavirus spread comes back to haunt China and  other major exporting countries as more countries are affected causing more fall in their imports.

robal

they think there are hidden messages in every gif

and maybe there are

Shhh - Don't give my secrets away

robal wrote:
robal wrote:

robal

Me neither. I can see it will only gets worse as the Coronavirus spread comes back to haunt China and  other major exporting countries as more countries are affected causing more fall in their imports.

robal

man makes plans God laughs

that is why I made God my plan

How did I miss this thread?

Too much online poker for me, I guess.

W9XR wrote:

I thought about taking up online poker but I have a lousy poker face.

W9XR wrote:

Been playing online hearts on Playok.com, no betting or money involved, people from all over the world playing 24/7.