Looking for a place to buy a land but where ??

hi everyone,

I'm considering moving abroad, I'm looking for a place where the weather is nice (not below 20°c all year round) and it's possible for a European to buy a piece of land.

If you live in a country where this is possible, don't hesitate to send me a short message.

Cordially

On the moon...

Spending money on a piece of land in a foreign place, where you don't know the mentality, social norms, legal standards, maybe not even the language - and where you cannot be sure you will manage to stay long-term - should be properly thought through.
More important than the right to buy land would be the ability to get a residence visa. Owning land does not give you the right to live there - and most places do not welcome foreigners (or at least the non-working kind, unless they are very rich)!
That said, the MM2H programme of Malaysia might fit your bill.

beppi :

Spending money on a piece of land in a foreign place, where you don't know the mentality, social norms, legal standards, maybe not even the language - and where you cannot be sure you will manage to stay long-term - should be properly thought through.
More important than the right to buy land would be the ability to get a residence visa. Owning land does not give you the right to live there - and most places do not welcome foreigners (or at least the non-working kind, unless they are very rich)!
That said, the MM2H programme of Malaysia might fit your bill.

I agree, you have to know the law first. I think the best choice could be Africa.

Klaudia Auste eR :

I think the best choice could be Africa.

Which of the 56 countries in Africa are good in this respect?

I much suppose island states.

Not the Philippines if you are not a Filipino citizen.

Nigeria so far has the highest ROI for the last 2 decades. There are new estates that you can buy from when they just start out and within 12 months get a 60% ROI.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 weeks ago
Reason : Detailed information should be posted on the forum

Hello everyone and welcome Gordon  :cheers:

You registered Costa Rica as country of interest in your profile, is that your first choice ?

Regards,
Bhavna

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest to my question.
I realize that my question can quickly become controversial without much thought.
The goal of my question is just to allow me to make a first choice, it goes without saying that I'm not going to leave everything to throw myself from a bridge ;-)

I know what I want, I just need the experience of some of you to answer my question that I have to solve :-)

I thank you for your answers and I will give it my full attention.

cordially

Hi Gordon,

How do you want us to respond in an interesting way with your incredibly vague question ...

:/

Just answer the question if you have the experience. We are on an expatriate site. If you have moved to a country where the climate is pleasant and where it is possible for a foreigner to buy land, you can answer my question. Sorry not to develop, but already with a simple question it's not easy, if I develop all my project, I know it will go wrong :-)

I'm not against discussing but then, I have to create another subject. Step by step

WOWWWW,

What a great answer...

I have more than 50 years of experience in expatriation. And my family started in 1948. So easy buddy with your style of unrespectful comment...

Never forget that before telling someone that he has a straw in his eye, you better look at the beam you have in yours ...

Hello everyone,

Indeed there is a misunderstanding on this thread. It happens...let it go guys  ;) 

[at] Gordon,  as far as Mauritius is concerned, you can only buy property under special schemes for expats. Have a look here : Buying a property in Mauritius

All the best,
Bhavna

Apologize phipiemar, i did want to be unrespectful I  just tried to explain why I was vague in my question ;-)

Sorry for my awkwardness

Bhavna Thanks for your answer.

phipiemar :

On the moon...

I have never been there, but I am reasonably certain that it dips below 20 degrees from time to time.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR