New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hello Everyone,

Name is Mark and I'm originally from Canada but have been living in Shanghai the last 5 years with my wife, who is from HCMC. Working as an education administrator throughout my time in China (and before that in Canada)

Eventually looking to relocate in HCMC, and currently am here as a COVID-19 refugee as currently foreigners are not allowed back to China. Been in HCMC these last 16 weeks now so it has given me a good taste of the city, which, I must admit I really do love.

Also am happy to have been here these last few months considering the great handling of the epidemic here in VN.

Best to you all,

Mark

mwuerch61 :

Hello Everyone,

Name is Mark and I'm originally from Canada but have been living in Shanghai the last 5 years with my wife, who is from HCMC. Working as an education administrator throughout my time in China (and before that in Canada)

Eventually looking to relocate in HCMC, and currently am here as a COVID-19 refugee as currently foreigners are not allowed back to China. Been in HCMC these last 16 weeks now so it has given me a good taste of the city, which, I must admit I really do love.

Also am happy to have been here these last few months considering the great handling of the epidemic here in VN.

Welcome to the Vietnam forum

Hopefully you will find some interesting information regarding education opportunities. 

The search function is archaic, but one or two keywords will pull up mostly relevant results.

When you need a break from the city, come on down to Vũng Tàu and enjoy the ocean.

mwuerch61 :

Hi and welcome Mark!
I have been to HCMC for about a month.There is a lot I like but I have not seen a place I like that much to live there longterm.
Anyway, I will return next week to meet a friend.
Propably, I have not seen the right places. What do you love about HCMC and where would you like to stay?
Best Torsten

Hello
I am moving to Da Nang from Thailand and enjoy badminton and tennis. Cheers

Welcome to Viet Nam

Hey folks, I am Digital Nomad and currently reside in Da Nang (together with my wife, from the beginning of March 2020). I do not really look for physical socialize opportunities, just trying to keep up with the latest news and trends.
Cheers

My name is John I am moving to Nha Trang Vietnam in August  I am seeking a 1 br apartment.***

Moderated by Loc last month
Reason : for security reasons, we do not accept personal information on the forum. Share them through the private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks for introducing yourselves.

[at]JohnfromCanaf01: For your accommodation search, I would recommend that you post a free advert in the dedicated Housing in Nha Trang section. Check out all the latest offers as well.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello everyone,

My name is Grey from the U.S, California but was born here in HCMC (I am a Vietnamese native). I am quite a traveler for these past years visiting Vietnam back and forth multiples time for my Media project. Came to HCMC in January and planned to return to the U.S by February but yet here I am in June still at the same place due to the pandemic. Thought this might be a good opportunity to offer my skill and experience to build my own network in the city and hopefully I can find some interesting development here on Expat. Thinking about teaching English in HCMC even though most of my degree are not carried with me during the trip (beside Highschool Diploma), anyone have any advice ?

volkun2903 :

Hello everyone,

My name is Grey from the U.S, California but was born here in HCMC (I am a Vietnamese native). I am quite a traveler for these past years visiting Vietnam back and forth multiples time for my Media project. Came to HCMC in January and planned to return to the U.S by February but yet here I am in June still at the same place due to the pandemic. Thought this might be a good opportunity to offer my skill and experience to build my own network in the city and hopefully I can find some interesting development here on Expat. Thinking about teaching English in HCMC even though most of my degree are not carried with me during the trip (beside Highschool Diploma), anyone have any advice ?

Saturday night (6 June) the Internations dot org
website is holding it's annual mixer at the Intercontinental Hotel in HCMC.

Might be a good opportunity for networking.

Hey everyone! I'm a Southern California native who's looking to venture out. I've traveled to a few different countries (Europe, Japan, Mexico), but I'd like to move somewhere long-term and really experience a new culture. After a lot of research and a recommendation from a friend, I have become very interested in moving to Da Nang, Vietnam. I've never been to Vietnam but I've heard so many good things about it.

I'd really like to move to Da Nang in the near future, but I'm concerned about figuring out how to continue my career in finance/real estate while living there. I'd love to connect with others in the area and learn more about how to accomplish this. Are there opportunities in these industries in Da Nang?

I'm an adventurous person and I'd love to talk with people currently living in the Da Nang area to connect and learn more about the area and what it's like to live there!

mattschuberg :

Hey everyone! I'm a Southern California native who's looking to venture out. I've traveled to a few different countries (Europe, Japan, Mexico), but I'd like to move somewhere long-term and really experience a new culture. After a lot of research and a recommendation from a friend, I have become very interested in moving to Da Nang, Vietnam. I've never been to Vietnam but I've heard so many good things about it.

I'd really like to move to Da Nang in the near future, but I'm concerned about figuring out how to continue my career in finance/real estate while living there. I'd love to connect with others in the area and learn more about how to accomplish this. Are there opportunities in these industries in Da Nang?

I'm an adventurous person and I'd love to talk with people currently living in the Da Nang area to connect and learn more about the area and what it's like to live there!

As of today, if you have $129,215.04 USD/₫3,000,000,000 VNĐ to invest here, it will be a breeze...

Steps to obtain an investor TRC (Temporary Residence Card)

Hi everyone!
My name is Nicole and I'm planning on moving to Can Tho as soon as the borders open. I have a current job offer (although no idea if it's a competitive salary) and am interested in finding housing once  I get there. My work puts me up in a place as long as I need so there's no real rush on that unless its a ghastly space.

Im excited to live in a little more Vietnamese centric community but also want to meet some expats who can share with me the ins and outs.

I look forward to talking with you all.

Thanks,
N

Aloha all,

My name is David and I am a 47 year old male living in Hawaii ,USA. My wife and I are looking for where we want to spend our later years and have been impressed by what we have heard about Vietnam. We currently have family ties in the Philippines but would prefer not to live there. I have always had a strange connection/fascination with Vietnam since I was a boy. Anyway I'm hear to do research and to plan for a trip within the next year.