New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Vietnam forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Vietnam if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi boys and girls on this forum, wow very nice bunch of people here, can't compare with "Thai visa  " forum....Can't stop reading all your posts for 1 week already, very interesting thoughts...
I am Stan from Australia, newbie here,  packing bags already move to....hm...maybe Vung Tau haha, 90 % but still 10% think about Hoi An...I heard up there more hot and humid...Never been to VN, can't wait to go...I am just retired so not sure how things will work with pension and how much they will cut in a future because it will be my only income....
  Still not sure about visas and what is the procedure and costs, spoke to a few agencies, not sure which one is better but i think they all the same more or less and there is no such a thing like 1 year visa for Aussies, must do visa run every 3 months. Not sure what the final cost will be at the end of the year.

Anyway, nice to know everyone here and looking forward joining you all soon in a 3-4 months in Vung Tau !!!

Hello everyone.... I am planning to move to Vietnam(Saigon) next month. I am an Indian and is currently in Thailand. Have heard a lot of beautiful things about VN and I am really excited. But I will be on a budget and plan to stay there for around 3-6 months. Any recommendation on budget / shared housing would be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to meet you all beautiful people soon.

AUStan :

Still not sure about visas and what is the procedure and costs, spoke to a few agencies, not sure which one is better but i think they all the same more or less and there is no such a thing like 1 year visa for Aussies, must do visa run every 3 months. Not sure what the final cost will be at the end of the year.

You should look into the new visa updates that come into effect July 1 this year. 30 day stay on tourist visa is coming into effect

Hello everyone, I´m a finnish guy living in Da Nang. Looking to meet other foreigners, especially so for company for all kinds of sports. Tennis would be awesome.

I hear Shamrock is the place to be if you´re looking to meet other expats? :)

TigerPlease :
AUStan :

You should look into the new visa updates that come into effect July 1 this year. 30 day stay on tourist visa is coming into effect

Thanks Tiger, I follow very closely, so important and disapointing actualy

I'm looking at moving to Vietnam in perhaps 4-5 years time to be with who will then be my wife (if all goes well).  I came here to ask a cultural question.  I've really started to like Vietnam since dating her, and I'm really excited about the prospect moving here and my gf wants to live here with me.

Hello everyone. Retiree from Florida here. Love Vietnam...people here are so friendly and easy to approach.

Hi everyone. I live in the US and have been married to my wife for 27 years who is
from Hai Phong. We are considering retiring in Hai Phong in 10 years, so have lots
of time to think about it and research the move.

Hello,

I follow the expat.com from some time. I’ve been travelling to Saigon many times last two years, all business trips for a two, three weeks and finally I so soaked up in the city that I decided to stay for at least 6 months and rent my place here in D7. Do you guys know places in D7 where the foreigners meet from time to time?  I also love playing squash and badminton, looking for company to play either mornings or evenings. If anyone is interested, please write to me.

- Artur

Thailand was getting far too problematic and less attractive, so after living their 4 years, I left!

I have decided to call Da Nang home, for now.

I am a retired mechanical engineer, single and active.

I have zero friends here..so you anyone wants to meet up for a beer of coffee..please PM me. Cheers!

Hi. I live in Bihn Thahn and also have no friends. The people I meet just use me to practice English. I get it, but it can be a bit lonely. I'm retired, too. I came here to help my son with his baby. Deadbeat mother...Also, I love coffee and beer! My name is Jo. Hope this catches your attention.

Hey!

Me (Kiwi) and my partner (Venezueland) are moving to Da Nang at the end of Feb!

Love to catch up for a beer!