New members of the Malta forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Alberto Severino wrote:

Good evening, I'm Alberto from Italy, I've been living in Malta for a year, restoring works of art.
I have directed church work for many churches between Malta and Gozo. i like trekking ad art.

Welcome to the Forum.

Hie!  My name is Viola,  a nurse in Zimbabwe.  I am interested  in working  and further  my career in Malta. I would appreciate  help with the registration and migration process.  I wrote ielts and obtained a band score of 6.5.

Hello there!
My name is Janina and my boyfriend and I would like to live in Malta. We are both from Germany. In January my boyfriend will stay in Malta for a two month internship at the CPD. I am still looking for a job on the island to join him that we can find out if it works for us, as making holiday is still something different. Appreciate your welcome and offered support :)

JaniJules wrote:

Hello there!
My name is Janina and my boyfriend and I would like to live in Malta. We are both from Germany. In January my boyfriend will stay in Malta for a two month internship at the CPD. I am still looking for a job on the island to join him that we can find out if it works for us, as making holiday is still something different. Appreciate your welcome and offered support :)

Welcome to the forum. As I am from Germany myself I always get job offers from the gambling industry. Obviously a lot of these jobs are in call centres. This means jobs are available. However,you have to check out yourself if these jobs are suitable for you. Just bear in mind wages and salaries over here are often 40% below the German level. The minimum wage over here is a little above € 4.00 per hour, whilst in Germany it is twice as high. Malta is just a change from what you know in Germany. If you want to improve your English Malta offers languages courses on all levels. Public transport is cheap and traffic is almost as chaotic as in some Italian towns. I live in Gozo which is considered the backyard of this country. However, for working people Malta is the place to be, but check out the salary.

hanselmar wrote:
JaniJules wrote:

Hello there!

Welcome to the forum. As I am from Germany myself I always get job offers from the gambling industry. Obviously a lot of these jobs are in call centres. This means jobs are available. However,you have to check out yourself if these jobs are suitable for you. Just bear in mind wages and salaries over here are often 40% below the German level. The minimum wage over here is a little above € 4.00 per hour, whilst in Germany it is twice as high. Malta is just a change from what you know in Germany. If you want to improve your English Malta offers languages courses on all levels. Public transport is cheap and traffic is almost as chaotic as in some Italian towns. I live in Gozo which is considered the backyard of this country. However, for working people Malta is the place to be, but check out the salary.

Hello hanselmar. I already knew most of it, but nevertheless appreciate your advise, thank you very much. May I ask how long you have been in Malta? And why is it considered the place to be for working people? I think not just because 300 days of sun :) Thank you very much in advance.

Malta is better for working as there are more job vacancies there, limited work on Gozo that's why many travel to Malta everyday.

GozoMo wrote:

Malta is better for working as there are more job vacancies there, limited work on Gozo that's why many travel to Malta everyday.

Ah! Thank you very much :)

GozoMo gave you the perfect answer unless you want to work in the field of agriculture. The air is cleaner in Gozo than in Malta. However, the cleanest air is in Comino, because there are almost no cars. I live in Gozo since 2013 and I came to Malta first time in 1976. That means I am aware of the development of this small island republic.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916021

Thanks!

Closed