Why the morally suspicious behaviour of some Vietnamese people?

Jlgarbutt wrote:

The one thing that suprisedme on my first and second trip is how little VN people like to queue
I remember at the airport they just casually stroll tk the front of the line...

Cultural differences.

Lines:
Westerners : what rude VN people not lining up.  No etiquette!
Vietnamese : what a naive Westerner.  He'll never get his turn if he just stands there dumbly like that.

Crossing the streets:
Westerners : it's midnight and there are zero cars on the street in both directions.  I'm not waiting for the light or going to a crosswalk.
Japanese : western savages!!! No respect for rule of law.  No etiquette!

Well, I had this dinner invitation yesterday. A young student & teacher wanted me "to inspire his student". Not sure, what he planned for dinner

We met at 5 pm and he drove me to his student's house.

The student wasn't there, so the next 90 minutes, I tried to coax a conversation wit his 13 y.o. brother. // Then the 19 y.o. student apeared. He had paid 50 million to some unscrupulous center, promising him an IELTS score of 7.0 Let's just say, he could barely say hello.

Dinner? He made calls and many declined. Then he had "to teach" from 7-9 pm and apparently asked the family to feed me, too.

My taak was to have a conversation with 2 kids. Constant (often unnecessary/0 translations made my efforts pointless.

Bottom line, I wasted 4,5 hours and will decline the next dinner invitation.
---

A struggling teacher rented a room to have private classes. I helped her for something like 100 k for 90 minutes. Or a free meal afterwards. Anyhow, //i handed her my wallet to pay for it - and that time, she took out 50 k more than it cost.

The same lady "forgot" to reimburse me for several Ritter Sport chocolates @ 1/3 the price @ Big C. Both incidents were intentional

KruChris wrote:

A struggling teacher rented a room to have private classes. I helped her for something like 100 k for 90 minutes. Or a free meal afterwards. Anyhow, //i handed her my wallet to pay for it - and that time, she took out 50 k more than it cost.

I personally think it's not really "fair" to give your wallet to someone who probably makes 10% of your revenue or less, and blame them for taking an extra 50K. Of course they should not be doing it but come on, it's some type of setup.

KruChris :

I reckon you should be grateful you even got your wallet back.

Indices wrote:

KruChris :

I reckon you should be grateful you even got your wallet back.

:lol::lol: sounds about right!!