Medical Testing

My brother-in-law has been offered a job on Bahrain and will be bringing his family.

His wife, very unfortunately, his wife contracted Hepatitis C in a contaminated blood transfusion in the 80s, she has cured the virus but will obviously still have antibodies present. Will this bar her from getting an employment visa once she's here or is this even more serious and result in deportation??

This will help them decide if he brings his family or not.

Anyone with valid advice or even experience of this with answers would be appreciated.

If he brings the wife on a dependent visa, there is no issue as dependents do not undergo medical testing.

However, she will NOT get an employment visa with Hep C.  And yes, it is liable for deportation.   So I would not even try to get an employment visa as when the visa is rejected due to Hep C; going back on dependent visa will take much longer as you will have to go to MOH to get the record cleared of the test etc etc.

Thanks for you reply.

Is this the case even if the virus has been cured, but only antibodies present? Seems a bit unfair.... but I know the rules here are strict

Yep.  Unfortunately, in ALL of the GCC, the testing is geared towards determining the presence of a disease in the system (Antibody tests) and NOT at all focused on whether it is active or dormant (PCR tests for the virus).

Look at this way, as an example, if someone has HIV or Hep, it costs them a lot less to deny you entry and / or deport you if you are here vs. strain public facilities to treat you or to have any risk of you transmitting it, no matter how negligible.  I know it doesn't make sense as people on visit or family visas can still slip through the net but unfortunately, this is how this has been designed for the work visas.