Anti depressant

Are anti depressants easily obtained from a Docter in bahrain ?

Depending on what you take, you might find them available over the counter instead of having them prescribed by a doctor. I can't say why not if you have the condition. Just bring your prescription with you and a box of the pill.

There are two types of anti-depressants in the market. One category is called "Controlled Drugs" and the other category is "over the counter" (OTC).

If your anti-depressant is categorized as OTC you can buy them at a pharmacy without prescription. If it is classified as "Controlled" then you certainly need a prescription from a doctor in Bahrain. This prescription will have your CPR card number and full name. The Pharmacy will keep the original prescription - you can keep (ask for) a copy.

Generally anti-depressants that are in the SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) family are OTC, eg., paroxetine (sold as "Seroxat") and escitalopram (sold as "Cipralex").

Those of the benzodiazepine family, eg., alprazolam (sold as "Xanax"), are Controlled.

Trust the above helps. Message us here if you need more information (or PM me if you prefer privacy).

Best wishes!

Depression is indeed curable!

Thanks

A few pharmacies sell drugs over the counter that shouldn't be sold you just need to know where to look. The best Psychiatrist to go and see is Dr Mona Elgezery. She is based at Al Budaiya Medical Centre on Budaiya Highway near to Country Mall. She is adorable. Take your old prescription/bottle with you and if she can't get you your current pills then she will get as close to those as possible.

Other option is to use Aramex to ship your prescription in from your home country.

Hello if i want to get some of the controls drug how can i

you should read the above replies carefully.

Mj the caller wrote:

See a doctor in Bahrain who will write you a prescription.  That's the only way.

Do you rocomennd any doctor with easy process to get the controlled ones?

XTang wrote:
Mj the caller wrote:

See a doctor in Bahrain who will write you a prescription.  That's the only way.

Do you recommend a good doctor with easy process to get a prescription ?

Pisff wrote:
XTang wrote:
Mj the caller wrote:

Do you recommend a good doctor with easy process to get a prescription ?

All doctors have same process; you have to take an appointment, pay and then they write prescription.

You can search the internet and there are quite a few good ones out there.  You can try Dr Eyad Jamsheer.

There is also no "easy" process. The doctors will do their professional duties and write a prescription if necessary.

I have seen doctors not entertaining "patients" who walk in only to "get a prescriptions". Hope you get the drift here :)

Exactly Farhaz.

And to add onto that; depending on which controlled drug you want, the doctors might be tougher.  For example, for drugs that are generally abused like Xanax/Valium and so on; just asking for and getting a prescription might not be easy at all.

Can you give names of some OTC anti-depressants/ anti-anxiety medications available in Bahrain pharmacies? For those of us who can't see psychiatrists

I don't think that anyone here is a doctor and even if they are, recommending psychotropic medicines without knowing your condition, allergies and other factors would be very risky.

If you want to go ahead nonetheless, your best bet is the internet to see which medicines are generally prescribed for your condition.  Most medicines are OTC in Bahrain minus the few that we have discussed above.

Thank you
Of course I would look everything up and be careful before taking anything. I just wanted to know a few names of said meds as a starting point to read about and take into consideration.
I appreciate your reply

This link is your friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant

Scroll down to types.  It has a link for a list as well.