Help for my sister in Da Nang

I am sorry for posting on this message board. My sister is in Da Nang as her daughter is in hospital extremely sick . We are trying to get some help support or a friendly face till we can get her husband over from Scotland
My name is Chris and I am Yvonne's brother . The British consulate have been great but she is really struggling with the language and cultural barriers. She is in a strange place under duress and a friendly face would be appreciated. My email is
Any help would be appreciated during this period or even some contact details of a club or place in Da Nang where people speak English
Thank you for your help in advance.
Kind Regards Chris

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : For your own safety, please do not post your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I truly hope you are able to locate assistance for her (them).

Having sincerely said that, I suggest painting a more thorough picture of their circumstances if you hope to gain assistance for your family.

Are they tourists or are they living in Vietnam?

Sadly, their situation is not uncommon over here.

Ideally I would think you would want someone who can both be an English-speaking face but also be able to translate Vietnamese.

I'm guessing it may be difficult for her to communicate even her simplest  requests.

So (as a nurse) I'm thinking what they probably need is an unskilled bilingual attendant and gopher.

I'm not in Danang, but the people I know there who fit that bill are mostly in the travel industry.

They make their living as tour guides.

If she is in the position to pay for the services, it can probably be arranged.

The only way you can connect with people on here is thru the private messaging system.

If you post your personal contact info again it will be blocked by the administrators.

Again, I sincerely wish you well in your attempts to meet the needs of your family.

HI Chris,

Someone living in Da Nang might respond here, but if you're on Facebook, or know someone who is, you should post in the Expats in Danang pages there. Looks like there's about 6 groups. You'll reach a much wider audience that way.

I agree that one or more of the Da Nang FB groups might be the better bet.