Moving to DaNang

Hi, everyone! I'm Yulia. I live in Nha Trang with my boyfriend. In november we are going to move to Da Nang city. Is anybody here who can tell me something useful about this city? Prices, appartaments rent, maybe some job vacancions, some special features of DaNang? I'll be really glad even to find somebody to talk to (russian or english),because it's hard to live where u have nobody of acquaintance.

Da Nang is a self-governing city with the powers of a province. A seaport for fishing and freight. Near the HAI VAN TUNNEL that goes north to Hue. Lots of resorts outside the city and the prices are higher.

Small houses and decent sized apartments go for USD$200-300 in town.

Da Nang, Hoi An and Hue are all hit by severe storms 2-3 months each year. (About to start) Hue is crowded at festival time and has frequent flooding - up to 2 metres in downtown. Hoi An is a tourist trap and has a pushy Peoples Committee chairman (User pay to go to Ancient Town). Da Nang has opportunities but all the good beach properties are fast disappearing.

InterNet is fast (it is one of three VN gateways).

Visit the Marble Mountains - great way to relax. There is a decent Cham Museum in downtown. Plenty of good beaches on both sides of the city. It has a swinging bridge, too. There is a good stadium and sports facilities. Travelling the Hai Van Pass (over the ground). Best done with a tour as there are bands of thieves there now that traffic has fallen off because of the Tunnel.

Da Nang has good road, rail and air connections to major parts of VietNam. (Caution: The train enters Da Nang rolling in one direction, then the engine switches ends and you leave going the other way! Don't be worried)

Shopping is well covered with Co-Op Mart and Metro Cash and Carry. Da Nang Supermarket is near the railway station. Others include Big C and Lotte Mart. There are three major open markets, too.

Thanx!!!!Thanx a lot!

feel free to contact me when you're in Danang, I'll show you around, we have an english speaking cafe here so you can always go there to chat with english speaking people

Danang is really similar to Nhatrang in terms of living standards, I believe Danang has better traffic and better air (less pollution)

Thanx a lot!!!! How long do you live in DaNAng, if it's not a secret))

I've been living here for 3 years and don't have any plan to move elsewhere anytime soon.

Hello Yulia . I am Truong and i living in Da Nang. Welcom to Da Nang City.

I known that some work from Furama and some english center ( Need certifical teaching english ) if you want to teach english in Da Nang.
Guest Relation Intern at Furama Danan
Guest Relation Intern (FO2014-01):
- European candidate is preferred.
- Pleasant appearance.
- Good English and French communication skill.
- Good at MS Office software.
-Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Internship duration: 6 months to 1 year.

In my experience price appartaments for rent from 400$ to 1000$. I Know alot best restaurant in Da Nang.
My friend want to have some expats friend. very happy to welcom you to Da Nang

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Thanx! I will be in Da Nang in a couple of weeks, I'll be glad to comunicate with you!

It's my pleasure to do something for you

Hello! My girlfriend and I moved here a few weeks ago, so while we're not experts on the area(!) if you're looking for people to hang out with by all means get in touch when you get here :)

Thanks!Be sure, l'll get you to know about our coming))

iHEO wrote:

feel free to contact me when you're in Danang, I'll show you around, we have an english speaking cafe here so you can always go there to chat with english speaking people

Danang is really similar to Nhatrang in terms of living standards, I believe Danang has better traffic and better air (less pollution)

Hi, where  are your english speaking coffee?

Hi Nhi,
It's Easy talk coffee.
Here is the address: 6 Đường Hoàng Văn Thụ, Phường Phước Ninh, Quận Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng
0122 473 8053
Hope it is what are you looking for.
Cheers,

jackelliott42 wrote:

so while we're not experts on the area(!)

A REALISTIC PERSON.

NO ONE can be an 'EXPERT' on a country,especially VietNam. I've been here 22 years and I still would decline the title 'Expert'.

I have been here for 5 weeks and intend to stay until late summer. Its a lovely place and dont hesitate to get in touch to hang out, be it beach, beers, food , exploring whatever! Still settling myself x

Hi everyone, Maybe i will get a job position in Da Nang, so i would like to get more information from you regarding the life there. I'm currently in France but i lived in Singapore few months ago during more than 3 years...If i ask you to provide me more détails about that it's because Singapore was too crazy and too small :-,)..Now, i'm trying to have a "opposite life" to Singapore : more stable and basic near the sea because i love fishing .So if you are living there, kindly share your own life experience because far away it's difficult to feel if Da nang will be Nice working place..Thanks in advance.Tom

Da Nang also same size with Singapore, you mean too small and too crazy. Da Nang not really too crazy :D. It's a good place for living and working if you need stable, good environment, quite, not too crowd like Ho Chi Minh city.