Advice on rental

Hi there,

Any advice will be appreciated.

We are moving around the end of December. We will require a furnished place to start off with. I have seen some on kamers.nl however they are available immediately and I doubt an owner would wait 3 months for occupancy (and associated rental).

Our option is to book an AirBNB, we were initially thinking for a full month as in SA rental contracts usually start from a calendar month.

From what I am seeing with apartments being available immediately, are rental contracts then available to start at any time of a month? And is the rent then a pro rata cost?

Any advice on how long to book an AirBNB for so that we can come over and look for an apartment?

I also read that it is important to see the place in person first as people have been scammed.

I love the security of pre booking but really cant afford to have a financial loss should it be part of a scam or not upto expectations.

Is there a rental deposit usually required?

What are the chances of finding a furnished apartment for a short term contract (2 months)?

Any advice on links to reliable websites with more info on rental in Amsterdam and surrounds would be great too.

Thank you!

Hi,

In The Netherlands we are used to when you rent a space it's empty. It's not likely you find a furnished apartment in Amsterdam or even an unfurnished one.
There is a huge shortage on rental homes in Amsterdam.

Finding a place on AirBnB is also very unlikely, in Amsterdam people canrent there place on AirBnB for a limit of 30 days a year.

The only thing I can advise you to search for a place outside Amsterdam, but again there isn't much time and not many rental places available.

I wish you the best of luck.